Project Specialist II, South San Francisco, CA
PROJECT SPECIALIST II
The Health Plan of San Mateo (HPSM), a managed care health plan, seeks a full time Project Specialist II to provide operational and analytical support for medium to large size projects that have significant organizational impact. Assignments will be conducted by the incumbent with a large degree of independence. This position will include the following essential duties & responsibilities:
- Take lead, or assist, to investigate or to launch potential projects as directed relating to agency policy and operational initiatives across all product lines.
- Provide operational and analytical support for cross-departmental activities under all lines of business.
- Manage and develop relationships
- Develop and implement work plans; identify appropriate resources for tasks and determine appropriate workflows and outcomes.
- Facilitate and document meetings; communicate complicated information in an organized and easy-to-understand manner.
- Conduct analysis of data and situations; solve problems to achieve desired outcomes.
- Ensure timely completion of all deliverables.
- Provide training to staff as appropriate.
- Manage vendor relationships and analyze vendor performance.
- Define project success criteria and measure/report progress.
- Research issues related to assigned projects, including regulatory compliance, to identify their impact on the plan.
- Maintain a strong working knowledge of local, state, and national health issues affecting publicly funded health care organizations and HPSM.
Education and Experience: Five (5) years’ experience working in project management, preferably in a health care or managed care environment. Bachelor’s degree in health care or related field experience required. Master’s degree in a related field is a plus. PMP Certification desirable but not required
Knowledge of: Principles, practices and trends of project management and business administration. Application of statistical methods to management analysis. Principles of organization and administration.
Ability to: Work with information technology and demonstrate proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Project, Visio, Access and PowerPoint. Gather, interpret, analyze, evaluate and present a variety of management analysis data. Perform complex data analysis using Excel. Evaluate information and reach valid conclusions; define problem areas. Prepare reports supporting recommendations in a clear and logical format. Manage multiple projects simultaneously. Initiate, plan and complete work assignments with minimum supervision. Work effectively as part of a team across organizational structure. Communicate effectively both orally and in writing. Effectively manage people and financial resources. Exhibit excellent interpersonal skills.
Starting Compensation Range: Between $74,440-$96,677 – depending on experience.
Benefits Information: Excellent benefits package offered, including HPSM paid premiums for employee’s coverage in the medical HMO plan and majority of PPO medical cost. Employee pays a small portion of the dependent premiums for medical and dental benefits. Additional HPSM benefits include fully paid vision, life, AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance; retirement plan (10% of salary for compensation/HPSM paid); holiday and vacation pay; tuition reimbursement plan; and more.
Application Process: To apply, submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to: Health Plan of San Mateo, Human Resources Department, 801 Gateway Blvd., Suite 100, South San Francisco, CA 94080 or via email: email@example.com or via fax: (650) 616-8039. File by: Continuous until filled. EOE