Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner, San Francisco, CA
The Marin City Health & Wellness Center MCHWC Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner works with individuals, families, groups, and communities, assessing their mental health needs. The Psychiatric Nurse also offers primary care services to the MCHWC psychiatric-mental health population.
MCHWC is in need of a Psychiatric Nurse Practitioner for our San Francisco satellite clinic at the Arthur H Coleman Medical Center.
- Develop a nursing diagnosis and plan of care, implements the nursing process, and evaluates it for effectiveness
- Assess, diagnose, and treat individuals and families with psychiatric disorders or the potential for such disorders using their full scope of therapeutic skills, including the prescription of medication and administration of psychotherapy.
- Prescribes appropriate medications
- Contributes to the success of the Center through quality improvement initiatives
- Maintains professional working relationships with all staff, clients and the public
- Knowledgeable of policies and procedures for safe work practices
- Demonstrates knowledge of legal issues, including patient confidentially and risk management in all aspects of patients care.
- Consults with the Medical Director, when necessary, about patient needs and assessment findings.
- Graduate of an accredited Master's level Nurse Practitioner program
- Current California licensure as a Nurse Practitioner
- Experience working in an outpatient health clinic setting.
- Experience in a community health center setting working with underserved populations preferred.
- Demonstrated experience with Electronic Medical Records
- Proficiency in English; Spanish proficiency preferred
Reports to: Chief Medical Officer
Hourly Salary DOE
Work Schedule Monday-Friday 9am-5pm
To apply and learn more visit http://www.marincityclinic.org/marin-city-health-and-wellness-center/about-us/careers/
The Marin City Health & Wellness Center does not discriminate based on race, religion, gender, national origin, color, physical or mental disability, sexual orientation, or gender identity.