Health Promotion Coordinator, South San Francisco, CA
HEALTH PROMOTION COORDINATOR
(***SPANISH SPEAKING REQUIRED***)
NEW GRADS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY!
The Health Plan of San Mateo (HPSM), a managed care health plan, seeks a full time Health Promotion Coordinator to provide support in the operation of health promotion and wellness program through outreach activities, community partnerships, committees and coalitions. The essential duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Perform outbound calls to members who are pregnant; educate members on importance of obtaining timely pregnancy care. Follow up with members after delivery to remind the member to get timely postpartum care.
- Conduct outreach activities, including community meetings and health fairs.
- Educate members and/or providers, enroll members in programs, verify requirements are being met, and distribute incentives as appropriate.
- Work with QAI Manager, QI Supervisor, Health Services and/or QAI staff on incentives or interventions related to Quality Improvement or Disease Management efforts.
- Provide personalized assistance to members/potential members on overall health promotion, primarily over the phone.
- Provide back-up assistance to Health Educator and Quality Improvement Specialists.
- Collaborate with Pay for Performance department to follow up on members identified from OB referral forms and OB visit forms submitted by providers.
- Collaborate with network OB providers in an effort to continuously improve the Prenatal/Postpartum Program.
- Work with reporting team to create reports from data bases to measure program impact. Track program data on an ongoing basis to evaluate the member outreach programs, assess for opportunities for improvement and make recommendations based on the findings.
- Provide bilingual telephone and mailed outreach materials to HPSM members and presumptive members based on referrals and/or information from internal HPSM departments or community partners.
- Develop and maintain networking relationships with staff in community agencies.
- Educate HPSM staff as needed.
Education and Experience: High School Diploma; Associates Degree in a health related field is desired. Bachelors in Health Education, Health Promotion, Public Health, Women’s Health, Healthcare Administration, Biological Sciences or other similar field preferred. One (1) year of experience in a health care delivery system working directly with patients. Heavy customer service based work experience dealing with a multicultural population.
Knowledge of: Prenatal Program Database. General office practices and procedures. General office equipment including a personal computer, fax, phone, copier, etc. Personal computers and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
Ability to: Work collaboratively within a multidisciplinary team. Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing. (e.g. prepare reports and presentations for internal HPSM staff as well as provider network, speak/make presentations to groups including members, community members/organizations and providers. Provide excellent customer service. Problem-solve to resolve day-to-day issues. Organize and maintain accurate records and files. Track and analyze program data. Organize work, set priorities, meet critical deadlines, and follow up on assignments.
Starting Compensation Range: Between $20.99/hour - $26.24/hour - depending on experience.
Other: ***Fluency in Spanish is required for this position.*** Must have own vehicle and valid driver’s license with proof of insurance in conformity with state law minimums.
Benefits Information: Excellent benefits package offered, including HPSM paid premiums for employee’s coverage in the medical HMO plan and majority of PPO medical cost. Employee pays a small portion of the dependent premiums for medical and dental benefits. Additional HPSM benefits include fully paid vision, life, AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance; retirement plan (10% of salary for compensation/HPSM paid); holiday and vacation pay; tuition reimbursement plan; and more.
Application Process: To apply, submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to: Health Plan of San Mateo, Human Resources Department, 801 Gateway Blvd., Suite 100, South San Francisco, CA 94080 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax: (650) 616-8039. File by: Continuous until filled. EOE