Health Services Consultant 3 (DOH3501), Tumwater, WA
Health Services Consultant 3 (DOH3501)
Salary $4,109.00 - $5,385.00 Monthly
Location Thurston County – Tumwater, WA
Job Type Full Time - Permanent
Department Dept. of Health
Job Number DOH3501
Closing 2/7/2017 11:59 PM Pacific
NOTE: This announcement has been reposted with revised qualifications and to invite additional applicants to apply. Applicants who applied prior to January 20, 2017, NEED NOT REAPPLY.
There is one (1) opening for a permanent full-time Health Services Consultant 3 (HSC 3) within the Division of Health Systems Quality Assurance (HSQA), Office of Community Health Systems (OCHS).
To learn more about HSQA, visit http://www.doh.wa.gov/hsqa/.
The Washington State Department of Health (DOH) works with federal, state, tribal, and local partners to help protect and improve the health of people in Washington. Our programs and services help prevent illness and injury, promote healthy places to live and work, provide education to help people make good health decisions and ensure our state is prepared for emergencies. DOH recognizes that employees are its most valuable resource. We trust them to be innovative, challenge existing processes, and make the best decisions. We strive to hire, develop, and retain a competent and diverse workforce. To learn more about DOH, visit http://www.doh.wa.gov.
This position supports the Department's mission by by serving as a Senior Health Consultant in the Certificate of Need (CON) program for the Health Professions and Facilities Office. This position accepts, reviews, and makes recommendation on approval for CON applications. As the analyst for CON proposals, this position represents the department and program to the public, media and often times elected officials. CON proposals usually have high visibility and decisions have long lived impacts on access to health care statewide. This position represents the program and the department during appeals for final decisions. This position participates in program planning, policy, development of review standards and criteria and evaluation; and trains and assists other unit staff.
- Serves as a senior health services planning and policy consultant, planning and implementing evaluation strategies for reviewing health care facility and services project proposals.
- Leads public meetings with various public and governmental agencies.
- Participates in the conduct of program evaluation and planning.
- Trains and assists CON staff.
- A Bachelor's degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Social Work, Nursing, or related field.
- Four (4) or more years (full-time equivalency) of experience in Certificate of Need, OR health planning, OR research and technical writing AND in a role that requires critical thinking and communicating persuasively with stakeholders, attorneys, and/or executives.
- Computer skills and experience in the following:
- Intermediate-level - MS Word to create, format, and edit tables, columns, and charts; import data and sort table data; insert and format sections, and create headers and footers.
- Intermediate-level - MS Excel, to create and manipulate large or complex spreadsheets, use complex mathematical formulas to calculate data, and link worksheets; import data from other sources, filter lists, and create and format charts and graphs.
- Intermediate-level - Presentation software, such as MS PowerPoint, to create, format, edit, and run slide shows presentations; integrating text with graphics; and previewing and printing slides, speaker notes, and handouts.
- Demonstrated experience using MS Outlook to compose, send, and respond to e-mail and to coordinate schedules and schedule meetings.
- Demonstrated experience searching the internet for information and navigate databases.
- A Master's degree in Public Health, Health Administration, Social Work, Nursing, or related field.
- Additional years of experience in Certificate of Need, OR health planning, OR research and technical writing AND in a role that requires critical thinking and communicating persuasively with stakeholders, attorneys, and/or executives.
- Familiarity with HSQA procedures.
Conditions of Employment/Working Conditions
With or without an accommodation, I am:
- Willing and able to work indoors, in an open office environment with conversation and other noise distractions.
- Willing and able to work on a tobacco-free campus.
- Willing and able to work 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday, with one hour for lunch.
- Willing and able to occasionally work in excess of 40 hours per week, on weekends and holidays in order to meet critical deadlines.
- Willing and able to occasionally travel statewide or national, which could include overnight travel and evening/weekend work.
- Willing and able to operate and use standard office equipment such as computer, calculator, copy machine, printer, FAX machine, and multiple-line telephone.
- Willing and able to participate as part of the agency's Emergency Operations activities in the event of an emergency.
Note: This position is covered by an "Agency Shop" provision. Therefore, as a condition of employment, the incumbent of this position must either join the union and pay union dues, or pay the union a representational or other fee within 30 days of the date you are placed into pay status.
The Washington State Department of Health (DOH) is an equal opportunity employer. DOH strives to create a working environment that is inclusive and respectful. It is our policy to prohibit discrimination on the basis of race, sex, color, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, veteran status, political affiliation, genetics, or disability in the recruitment, selection, and hiring of our workforce. Applicants wishing assistance or alternative formats in the process should contact Rachel Lopez at (360) 236-4267, Rachel.Lopez@doh.wa.gov, or TDD Relay at 1-800-833-6384 or 7-1-1.
Individuals interested in applying for this position should select the "Apply" button and submit the following:
- A current detailed applicant profile; AND attach your detailed Letter of Interest that addresses the "Required and Desired Qualifications" (as listed above) and Resume to your profile.
- Three (3) or more professional references, to be included in your profile. Please include at least one supervisor, peer, and (if you have supervised other staff) a subordinate.
- Responses to the Supplemental Questions.
* Important information regarding the Application Process and the Supplemental Questions
Only applicants who follow the directions and complete the Application Process and Supplemental Questions in-full will have their responses reviewed for consideration.
NOTE: Education and experience selected, listed and/or detailed in the Supplemental Questions must be verifiable on the detailed applicant profile submitted.