Vice President, Quality & Patient Safety Initiatives, Seattle, WA
Vice President, Quality & Patient Safety Initiatives
Qualis Health is one of nation’s leading population health management organizations, partnering with clients to advance the quality, efficiency, and value of healthcare delivered to millions of Americans every day.
As the Medicare Quality Innovation Network – Quality Improvement Organization (QIN – QIO) for Idaho and Washington, we partner with healthcare providers, community organizations, and consumers on data-driven systemic initiatives that improve outcomes, reduce harm, eliminate disparities, and engage patients and caregivers.
Our work puts care teams and delivery networks on a proven path to improve care and patients’ health, enhance patients’ and clinical teams’ experience, and lower the cost of care. Across the U.S., our teams of consultants, data experts, and clinical leaders support healthcare providers to redesign processes, build sustainable change, and deliver care with greater value and quality.
To learn more, visit http://www.qualishealth.org/about-us
What would I do?
Reporting to our Chief Operating Officer, you would lead all operations, contract administration, business development, and customer relations activities for our Quality & Safety Initiative engagements and programs.
Typical accountabilities include:
- Establish and maintain high-level, strategic relationships with relevant customers and stakeholders to ensure open, positive two-way communication, alignment of outcomes with contract deliverables, and complete, timely resolution of issues.
- Lead the development and deployment of department- and customer-specific strategic plans, plus quarterly and annual work plans, to ensure achievement of goals and objectives.
- Lead the preparation and management of departmental budgets; ensure that effective systems are implemented to track and report on service units and costs and thereby meet financial targets.
- Lead the development and maintenance of systems to track and report on projects’ status and ensure that sufficient resources are applied in order to meet contract deliverables.
- Partner on business development activities, including oversight of request for proposal / request for information responses, contract negotiations, pricing and contract modifications, and new contract implementation.
- Recruit, hire, train, evaluate, and develop direct reports; promote a work environment that aligns with Qualis Health’s mission, vision, and values.
- Engage and lead teams through continuous process improvement activities.
- 10+ years of relevant work experience that includes 3+ years in a significant executive role leading interdisciplinary teams.
- Demonstrated competence with strategic planning, business development, staff development, and budgeting.
- Demonstrated proficiency with Lean methodology plus quality improvement concepts and principles.
- MA / MS in a related field (equivalent combination of education and/or work experience may be substituted).
How do I learn more?
Submit your resume in confidence at https://qualishealthcareers.silkroad.com/qualisext/EmploymentListings.html
Qualis Health is an Affirmative Action / Equal Employment Opportunity Employer that embraces and practices diversity, reflecting the communities we serve. We encourage minorities, Protected Veterans, and individuals with disabilities to apply.