Executive Director, Seattle, WA
Country Doctor Community Health Centers – Executive Director Position
The mission of Country Doctor Community Health Centers is to improve the health of our community by providing high quality, caring, culturally appropriate primary health care that addresses the needs of people regardless of their ability to pay.
Country Doctor Community Health Centers is a well-respected health care provider to the people of Seattle and King County. Operating since 1971, CDCHC has earned a reputation as a compassionate, well-run organization, where patients want to receive care and where staff wants to work. Twenty percent of our patients are entirely uninsured; 83% are low income. Forty-five percent of the organization’s $18 million budget comes from patient revenue, the remainder from grant sources, including City of Seattle and Bureau of Primary Health Care (Federal) funds. CDCHC employs 175 permanent staff.
The current Executive Director has been in this position for 32 years and is a founder of the organization; she is retiring at the end of the third quarter of 2017. The CDCHC Board of Directors is seeking a strong, dynamic leader, committed above all to the value of health care access for all. The successful candidate will have not only the experience described below but the energy, intelligence, experience, and commitment required to successfully navigate the political and funding climate over the next several years.
- Bachelor’s degree; an advanced degree in public health, business, or other related field preferred
- Minimum five years’ experience as a top-level administrator in a nonprofit organization, preferably a community health center
- Experience in personnel management, grants management, working with a board of directors, and program planning and management; experience in fund-raising and financial management of a nonprofit organization preferred
- Excellent written and verbal communications skills
- Ability to serve as both team leader and member of a team
- Working knowledge of Word and Excel
- Excellent planning, organizational, and follow-through skills
- Ability to work with a variety of people in a collaborative way
- Ability and willingness to travel to state, regional, and national meetings
If you are interested in this opportunity please send a letter of interest and resume to Howard Thomas who is assisting the Board with the hiring process. Please submit your materials to CountyDoctorSearch@comcast.net and we will respond within a week of your contact with us.