Radiographer I/II/III, Kotzebue, AK
Job Code: 2016:OTZ-248
Location: Kotzebue, Alaska
FT/PT Status: Full Time
Title: Radiographer I/II/III
Housing Priority: 1
Safety Sensitive: Yes
Performs a variety of radiographic, ultra sonographic, and/or mammographic procedures for the diagnosis of illness or injury.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- By order of a medical provider, performs a variety of radiographic and/or mammographic or sonographic procedures for the diagnosis of illness or injury. When a radiologist is present, assists in, and/or performs fluoroscopic procedures as directed.
- Shares equally in on-call time.
- Participates in scheduling patients for examination.
- Participates in maintaining patient logs, department statistics, film files, and purging of old files.
- Participates in QA/QI activities, and ensures compliance with JCAHO standards.
- Helps track and maintain adequate levels of necessary supplies, i.e. films, chemicals, etc.
- May act as lead in the department in the absence of that person.
- Understands the developmental needs of all patients throughout the continuum of life, is able to adjust care to those needs. Documentation reflects this understanding.
- Responsible for maintaining MQSA standards if performing mammography.
Radiographer I: High school diploma or equivalent and be ARRT registered, eligible for registry or have equivalent experience.
Radiographer II: Be ARRT registered or eligible for registry. Have 4 years experience in radiological exams, placement, and general x-rays or hold certification in mammography or ultrasound.
Radiographer III: Be ARRT registered or eligible for registry. Have 4 years of experience in radiological exams, placement, and general x-rays and hold one or more certifications in mammography or ultrasound.
Other Job Information (if applicable):
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed, as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.