Long Term Care Finance/Operations Leader, Mission Viejo, CA
Ensign Services, Inc. (ESI) is seeking a talented and experienced Long Term Care Reimbursement/ Operations Leader who will work in tandem with both our Revenue and Operations teams. A minimum of 5 years of healthcare consulting, long-term care or MAC experience is required for consideration for this position. Candidate selected will have solid experience with Medicare cost reporting(wage index, Medicare bad debts, DSH, IME/GME). Ideal candidate will also have SNF/LTC operations leadership experience.
The Long Term Care Reimbursement/ Operations Leader is a key position in our organization due to the ever-changing healthcare reimbursement environment. This individual will have a supervisory role with our Medicare/Medicaid cost reporting team members, and will function as a liaison between the finance, managed care/post acute continuum and operations teams. The role requires subject matter expertise related to CMI reimbursement on a state specific basis. This individual will work with the Executive Directors and Operations, providing teaching, training and reporting across the organization. A pro-active approach to understanding all the opportunities for Medicaid rate builds across multiple state SNF operating environments is a primary focus for this position.
Position responsibilities include:
- Prepare a SNF Medicaid and Medicare cost report and work with the MAC during audit with any issues
- Perform in depth wage index reviews for cost report filings and wage index updates
- Assist in third party audits
- Assist in monthly close functions
- Assist with additional complex regulatory functions as necessary
- Communicate effectively with leadership to educate on rate build up and classifications
- Communicate and work seamlessly with the Clinical reimbursement team to identify improvement opportunities and monitor
- Ensure optimal reimbursement rates
- Review facility documentation and makes recommendations for improvement
- Ensures compliance with federal, state and local regulations
- Conduct operational reviews to assess regulatory compliance, operational efficiency, and quality improvement opportunities
- Review provider statistical and reimbursement report (PS&R) information to determine accuracy.
- Develop systems to capture supplemental program revenue based on state specific initiatives
We are looking for a very unique and motivated individual to join our amazing team! Job requirements include:
- Solid finance experience including Medicare cost reporting (wage index, Medicare bad debts, DSH, IME/GME
- Current Nursing Home Administrator's License preferred
- Previous Financial Controller experience a plus
- 5-10 years healthcare consulting, long-term care or MAC experience
- Solid reputation and references with previous clients, contacts, partners, etc.
- Strong organizational, time management and analytical skills.
- Positive and professional attitude; motivated and proactive
- Exceptional communication and interpersonal skills, able to work collaboratively in a team environment
- Compassionate and kind Servant leader
- Dynamic and engaging presentation style
Ensign Services, Inc. is a progressive and dynamic company in the healthcare services field, serving over 200 long-term care facilities, 17 urgent care centers, and over 35 home health and hospice agencies, with over 25,000 employees in twelve states. These operations have no corporate headquarters or traditional management hierarchy. Instead, they operate independently with support from the shared "Service Centers", a world-class service team that provides the centralized clinical, legal, risk management, HR, training, accounting, IT and other resources necessary to allow on-site leaders and caregivers to focus squarely on day-to-day care and business issues in their individual operations.
This position is based at our Service Center in Mission Viejo, California.
To apply, please send a cover letter and resume to:
Director of Recruiting- Ensign Services
***No third party recruitment, please.***