Physician, Kenai, AK
Dept./Program: DWC Primary Care
Division: Health Systems
Reports To: Medical Director
Revision Date: 9/21/2016
Employment Status: Full Time
FLSA Status: Exempt Professional
The Physician serves as a member of the clinical team to provide assessment, diagnosis, treatment planning and implementation, crisis intervention, medications, staff consultation, group visit participation, and other services as needed. Participation in panel management and population based care, participation in staff meetings, and helping guide appropriate utilization of resources is expected.
- Assumes a leadership role for a primary care team
- Performs comprehensive assessments of patients and the relevant systems to formulate diagnoses and plan appropriate interventions
- Develops and implements a plan of care and recommends interventions to attain optimal patient function
- Uses decision support tools when available and as appropriate; e.g., Up To Date, drug interaction tools, clinical guidelines, etc.
- Plans and implements care/services that recognize age/diversity specific needs/issues of the patient function
- Performs procedures as appropriate for level of training
- Confers as needed or when contacted by other providers regarding care and treatment of patients, and assists in examining and treating patients
- Confers with professional personnel in medical and related fields
- Implements care/services that recognize age/diversity specific needs/issues of customers served
- Effectively utilizes electronic health record (EHR) to document clinical activity and manage patient population
- Works effectively and cooperatively with other members of Care Team
- Participates in peer review activities
- Participates in Care Team training and learning activities
It is the intent of this job description to highlight the essential functions of the position; however, it is not an all-inclusive list. The incumbent may be called upon and required to follow or perform other duties and tasks requested by his/her supervisor, consistent with the purpose of the position, department and/or the Kenaitze Indian Tribe's objectives.
Medium work Exerting up to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or up to 20 pounds of force frequently, and/or up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects.
- Stand or Sit (Stationary position)
- Walk (Move, Traverse)
- Use hands/fingers to handle or feel (Operate, Activate, Use, Prepare, Inspect, Place, Detect, Position)
- Stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl (Position self (to), Move)
- Talk/hear (Communicate, Detect, Converse with, Discern, Convey, Express oneself, Exchange information)
- See (Detect, Determine, Perceive, Identify, Recognize, Judge, Observe, Inspect, Estimate, Assess)
- Pushing or Pulling
- Repetitive Motion
Hazards and Atmospheric Conditions
Category I Duties performed routinely require exposure to blood, body fluid and tissue
Equipment and Tools
Equipment used for job: computer, copier, fax, scanner, and other office equipment
Tools: Standard medical office equipment and tools.
Travel may be required for training
- Doctoral Degree in Medicine
- Five to seven years of experience in evaluation diagnosis and treatment in primary care with special emphasis in cross cultural health care setting
- Experience working with Alaska Native or American Indian people preferred
- Current Alaska Licensure as a Medical Doctor, Doctor of Osteopathy.
- Current DEA certificate.
- BLS certification required
- Alaska Driver's License
- Performs and completes ambulatory care competencies and credentialing as identified