Director, Emergency Department, Aberdeen, WA
Grays Harbor Community Hospital
February 8, 2017
Category: Emergency Department
Department: Emergency Department
Status: Full Time
- The ED Director is responsible for the administrative and supervision of the Emergency department including the overall planning and organizing of activities and staffing on the unit; hiring, maintaining, disciplining and firing of personnel; participating in the financial management of the department including budgetary planning, equipment/supplies procurement and expense monitoring and responsibility.
- This position is responsible for developing, reviewing and revising all policies and procedures relevant to the department and coordinating performance improvement activities.
- This position is a 24 hour 7 day a week responsibility for the functioning of the department and is a member of the Nursing Administrative team.
- RN, minimum 5 years clinical experience in Emergency Nursing;
- BSN required; Masters preferred;
- minimum 3 years demonstrated leadership experience in ED area preferred;
- track record of improving and sustaining quality employee satisfaction and patient satisfaction;
- track record of effective innovations in quality and operations;
- track record of effective financial management; current BLS/ACLS required.
FTE - Full Time Equivalent - 1.0 full time