Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, Tacoma, WA
Full-time nurse practitioner or physician assistant for large Cardiology practice in the Pierce County region
We are excited to announce an ARNP/PA opportunity in the new Pulse Heart Institute! The Institute is a new partnership between Cardiac Study Center, MultiCare Regional Heart & Vascular Centers and MultiCare Medical Associates. These organizations share a long history of delivering clinically innovative firsts to the region.
Pulse Heart Institute is the first of its kind in our community and combines the best of private practice with the extensive capabilities of a large health system. It is an integrated, cardiovascular organization to unite cardiac, thoracic, and vascular services into one cohesive unit. Pulse works to build a seamless, comprehensive range of care in both adult inpatient and outpatient settings.
Pulse Heart Institute is working to realize the vision of becoming a world-class health care organization and a destination center for cardiac, thoracic and vascular care. Patients in our community and beyond can experience better outcomes, significantly improved access to care, a refined, patient-centric approach and advanced state-of-the-art programs.
If you are interested in joining an exciting new venture in cardiovascular medicine, please submit your CV for consideration.
Pulse Heart Institute is seeking a full-time nurse practitioner or physician assistant to join our well-established team of cardiologists in the Pierce County region. The nurse practitioner/physician assistant will work collaboratively and interdependently with our elite team of cardiologists in the evaluation and treatment plan of patients in the clinic/hospital. This is also a great opportunity to build clinical & leadership skills with a strong, knowledgeable team of nurse practitioners and nurses in the practice. Ideal candidate will have cardiology experience or training. Position will see a mix of inpatient and outpatient cases and will include some weekend or holiday call.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- “Walk-in” patients whose problems require evaluation and treatment by a nurse practitioner or physician.
- Patients who need appointments when the cardiologist is not available or his/her schedule is fully booked.
- Follow-up visits for patients needing to be seen. For example: 2-week, 3 –month, 6-month follow-ups. The physician must see patients if they have not been seen in a year.
- Hospital follow-up visits, such as post-op CABG patients, MI, CHF, cardioversion, cardiac catheterization, etc., when the patient is unable to see the physician.
- See patients in specialty clinics – electrophysiology, heart failure, general cardiology
- Supervise treadmill studies in the nuclear medicine lab.
- Assist nurses with laboratory results review and make recommendations.
- Assist nurses with triage patients.
- Our strength stems from teamwork collaboration among a group of talented and diverse professionals.
- Current RN and ARNP licensure in the state of Washington
- ICU/CCU experience as an RN or ARNP
- Experience in Inpatient and Outpatient settings
Competitive Benefits & Compensation Package. Enjoy the Pacific Northwest with nice scenic mountain views with great outdoor activities – kayaking, biking, & hiking. Great seafood, excellent coffee, within few miles of Seattle.
Please visit www.pulseheartinstitute.org to learn more about our practice.