Contract Specialist (Finance Department), South San Francisco, CA
The Health Plan of San Mateo (HPSM), a managed care health plan, seeks a full time Contract Specialist to perform a variety of technical tasks related to the planning, development, negotiation, coordination and monitoring of HPSM non-provider contract activities. The Contract Specialist will make program related decisions, ensure contracts meet regulatory criteria, and establish basic program policies and coordinate functions with other HPSM departments. The essential duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Collaborate with business owners to develop non-provider contracts.
- Coordinate, and monitor non-provider contract functions.
- Work collaboratively with departmental staff and other agencies/participants involved in the contract development and approval process.
- Assist Health Services and Provider Services in the creation of single case agreements and LOA’s.
- Maintain the contract database.
- Maintain a contract review process; coordinate the regular review of contract expirations, renewals, and amendments.
- Serve as a resource to HPSM staff and provide training with the contract process and departmental procedures, as needed.
- Assist Finance Staff in the preparation of Purchase Orders and invoice validation.
- Professionally represent HPSM in internal and external meetings.
Education and Experience: Bachelor's degree in business, healthcare policy/administration, or a related field. Two (2) years’ experience in health care or health insurance contract coordination. Experience developing vendor strategies based on cost-benefit analysis, research, and competitive analysis.
Knowledge of: Health care delivery systems, models and health care industry practices. Fundamentals of marketing. Contract development. General personal computers and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint
Ability to: Communicate, interact, and collaborate effectively with a wide range of internal and external customers. Review contracts, policies, and procedures. Analyze issues and make appropriate decisions. Update and/or create databases and contract maintenance systems and processes. Communicate effectively, verbally and in writing. Perform work with attention to detail. Organize and prioritize tasks and deliver results within set deadlines. Use a computer with proficiency, including Microsoft Windows, Word, Excel, and database programs (Access) Establish and maintain cooperative working relationships with a variety of people.
Starting Compensation Range: Between $61,521 - $89,086 - depending on experience.
Benefits Information: Excellent benefits package offered, including HPSM paid premiums for employee’s coverage in the medical HMO plan and majority of PPO medical cost. Employee pays a small portion of the dependent premiums for medical and dental benefits. Additional HPSM benefits include fully paid vision, life, AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance; retirement plan (10% of salary for compensation/HPSM paid); holiday and vacation pay; tuition reimbursement plan; and more.
Application Process: To apply, submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to: Health Plan of San Mateo, Human Resources Department, 801 Gateway Blvd., Suite 100, South San Francisco, CA 94080 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax: (650) 616-8039. File by: Continuous until filled. EOE