Clinic Physician Assistant - Northwest Neurosurgery, Seattle, WA
Clinic Physician Assistant - Northwest Neurosurgery
Type Full Time
Department 7610 Northwest Neurosurgery
Shift 1st, Days
Posted Date 1/4/2017
Job Location US-WA-Seattle
New Grads? Yes
More information about this job:
Join our award-winning team at UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center. We're proud of the acclaim we've received for our excellence in patient care and safety. Among the local, regional and national recognition we've received are:
- The Distinguished Hospital for Clinical Excellence Award
- The Emergency Medicine Excellence Award
- This is the second consecutive year Northwest Hospital has achieved both the Spine Surgery Excellence Award and a ranking among the top 10 percent in the nation for spine surgery.
- The Stroke Care Excellence Award
- Winner of the Health Grades Distinguished Hospital Award for Patient Safety for the last three years in a row, we’re also one of the safest places to get care – among the top 5% in the country.
UW Medicine includes Harborview Medical Center, UW Medical Center, Northwest Hospital & Medical Center, Valley Medical Center, UW Neighborhood Clinics, UW Physicians, UW School of Medicine and Airlift Northwest.
Northwest Hospital & Medical Center is a full-service, non-profit community hospital, offering comprehensive medical, surgical and therapeutic services. With 281 beds, more than 1900 employees and a world-class medical staff, we provide innovative, technologically advanced care on a patient-friendly, easy-access campus just north of Seattle.
Our staff not only enjoys outstanding benefits and professional growth opportunities, but also an environment noted for diversity, community involvement, intellectual excitement, artistic pursuits, and natural beauty.
As a UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center employee, you will enjoy generous benefits and work/life programs.
We’re interested in learning more about you and appreciate your taking the time to apply online. UW Medicine - Northwest Hospital & Medical Center is committed to employing a diverse workforce. EOE
UW Medicine – Northwest Hospital and Medical Center is an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. We welcome job applications from qualified individuals without regard to race, color, creed, religion, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, pregnancy, marital status, physical or mental disability, or any other protected characteristic. Minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans are encouraged to apply.
The Surgical Physician Assistant acts as the Surgical First Assistant in the operating room; performs patient histories, physical exams, lab orders and image procedures, laboratory values and x-ray interpretation, and formulates treatment plans under the supervision of a physician.
- Physician Assistant Degree from one of the following accredited organizations: Accreditation Review Committee on Education for the Physician Assistant (ARC-PA), Commission on Accreditation of Allied Health Education Programs (CAAHEP), or Committee on Allied Health Education and Accreditation (CAHEA).
Licensure, Registration, Certification
- Licenses as a Physician Assistant in the state of Washington.
- BLS certification required.
- A current National Provider Identifier
- Active member of the NWH&MC medical staff by time of hire.
- As defined by Northwest Hospital Medical Staff appointment and credentialing process.
- Ability to demonstrate the knowledge and skills necessary to provide care appropriate to the age of the patients served.
- At least one year of experience in a family practice or neurosurgical setting required.
- Previous experience as a surgical first assist and inpatient hospital care assisting preferred.
- Must be able to stand up to four hours and to ambulate throughout the clinic and hospital. Must be able to sit for extended periods
Physical Demand Level: Medium
In an 8-hour workday, must be able to-
Lift / Carry
20 to 50 pounds occasionally
10 to 25 pounds frequently
up to 10 pounds constantly
As required, must be able to-
Sit, Stand, Walk, Bend, Squat, Kneel, Crawl, Climb and Reach above shoulders
Push and Pull
Perform fine motor functions
Must possess functional vision, hearing, and speech in order to communicate effectively with clients, client advocates, and staff.