Systems Engineer - Network, Vancouver, WA
Systems Engineer - Network (4247)
The Vancouver Clinic is the largest multi-specialty physician practice group in SW Washington where the professional staff builds lifetime relationships with our patients. We have over 250 providers and 1000 employees. Located in Vancouver, Washington just across the river from Portland, Oregon. We enjoy close access to a bustling suburban area and nearby mountains, ocean beach, and great school systems. We have been serving the SW Washington community for 80 years! We seek those who strive for excellence in patient care, seek challenges, embrace teamwork, and those who go out of their way to help others be successful.
Are you seeking a career with a health system that is on the move? Can you picture yourself in a career at a state-of-the-art clinic facility? Would you like to join a practice that has been serving the community of SW Washington for 80 years? If you answered “yes” to any of the above, check out this opportunity!
The Systems Engineer – Network will design and implement network infrastructure on multiple architectures. The successful candidate for this position will have 4+ years of experience at a Network Engineer level and have or be able to obtain minimally a CCNA certification.
The System Engineer – Network implements & manages network routers & switches, network load balancers, firewall security and VPN rules & routes, as well as virtual infrastructure including VMWare and Citrix XenServer. The System Engineer – Network leads the management of Domain, DHCP and IPAM service for the IT team. Finally the System Engineer – Network will be the primary engineer overseeing wireless networking security and technology.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Design, Specify, configure, install, and maintain LAN/WAN/Wi-Fi/Server/Storage hardware, software, and telecommunications services such as servers, storage & tape backup subsystems, software applications, printers, routers, switches, wireless devices, cabling, and Internet connections
- Acts as technical lead for the administration and maintenance of infrastructure
- Provide routine after-hours maintenance and emergency support as needed to maintain and secure networked systems
- Establish and maintain network users, user environments, directories, and security attributes
- Develop and maintain documentation of all processes associated with administration of the network and duties performed by network & system administrators
- Ensure compliance with policies and procedures related to networked hardware and software acquisition & system implementation, user support, security, and backup including HIPAA, PCI and other regulatory requirements
- Ensure execution of a periodic backup of essential files and datasets, including the ability to restore selected files/datasets upon request in an expeditious manner
- Leads the facilitation of technical team discussions
- Mentors those with less experience through informal channels
- Stay abreast of new technologies, which might benefit the clinic.
- Participate in system feasibility studies and project proposals.
- Coordinate and develop system specifications and designs.
- Contact vendors for repairs needed.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelors or technical degree in related field (computer science, information systems, etc.) or equivalent work experience. Minimum of 4 years Engineer/Architect level experience.
- IT certifications desired such as MCSE, Security +, CCNA, CISSP, GIAC.
- Cisco switching and routing experience required
- Firewall design & management experience required
- Aruba Wireless management experience desired
- Citrix NetScaler or other load balancing platform desired
- Proven ability to communicate effectively, both in written and oral form.
- Proven ability to work as part of a team, in a fast-paced production oriented environment.
- Proven ability to satisfy customers and enhance software usage, in a production environment.
We offer a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits package which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, paid time off, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.