Nursing Home Director - NHA License required, Hayward, CA
February 11, 2017
Nursing Home Director - NHA License required
To learn more and to apply, please visit http://bit.ly/2iveyWW.
Founded in 1965, Telecare is a rapidly growing mental health care company dedicated to making a difference for our clients, the community, and our employees. We offer an array of mental health services to adults with serious mental illness. We partner with public sector entities and behavioral health organizations, and have over 80 programs and over 2,500 employees across the country. And we're growing all the time! When you work at Telecare, you help to empower thousands of individuals every day in their journeys of recovery.
As a part of the Telecare Family, Morton Bakar Center is a Skilled Nursing Facility (SNF) providing psychosocial rehabilitation and skills-building support for older adults (ages 65+) with a primary diagnosis of severe mental illness.
Employment Status: Full-Time
Shift: Business Hours
The Administrator manages all aspects of the day to day operations of the Program. This involves ensuring regulatory compliance, actively overseeing Quality Assurance Performance Improvements. Additionally, the Administrator collaborates with all Corporate departments and outside consultants. Ensures all regulatory requirements are met. Acts as the representative of the program to State/County agencies, community partners, and consumer groups.
• Two (2) years of experience in health care administration and supervision is required.
• Graduation from an accredited college or university with a BA or BS in health administration or a related field, OR four (4) years of experience in progressively responsible supervisory/leadership positions in a psychiatric or long-term health care setting is required.
• Current BENHA licensure as a Skilled Nursing Facility Administrator is also required.
• Necessary skills include knowledge and experience in a psychiatric treatment milieu, strong management skills, excellent verbal and written communication skills and a strong knowledge of labor relations.
• Must be CPR, ProAct or CPI and First Aid certified on date of employment or within 60 days of employment and maintain current certification throughout employment
• All opportunities at Telecare are contingent upon successful completion and receipt of acceptable results of the applicable post-offer physical examination, 2-step PPD test for tuberculosis, acceptable criminal background clearances, excluded party sanctions, and degree or license verification. If the position requires driving, valid driver license, a motor vehicle clearance and proof of auto insurance is required at time of employment and must be maintained throughout employment. Additional regulatory, contractual or local requirements may apply
• A Master's Degree in hospital administration or a related field is preferred.
• Demonstrate the company mission, purpose, values and beliefs in everyday language and contact with the internal and external stakeholders
• Plans, organizes, directs and controls the Program. Responsible for the administrative functioning of the Program.
• Acts as the Privacy Contact for the Program, maintaining all required records, logs, and systems in compliance with HIPAA regulations.
• Implements all Program policies and procedures through the appropriate assignment of duties to the administrative staff.
• Manages all strategic planning activities of the Program with the primary goal of ensuring ongoing effectiveness of the Program.
• Develops and maintains a productive work relationship with State and local agency representatives. Actively participates in meeting customer needs and adapting to changing customer and community needs at all times. Acts as liaison between the program and State/County customers and community partners.
• Establishes staffing requirements for all departments. Directs the recruitment, selection and when necessary disciplinary action within the Program.
• Manages the Program within allocated budgetary parameters and collaborates in the development of the fiscal budget.
• Supervises all department managers and maintains supervisory authority over personnel assigned to the departments. Directs recruitment, employee selection, and, when necessary, disciplinary action within the program.
• Ensures that the program is in compliance with all applicable laws and regulations and keeps informed about changes in regulations.
• Ensures compliance with Telecare's policies and procedures.
• Establishes the vision for the facility.
• Manages all strategic planning activities of the program.
• Demonstrates an understanding of Telecare's stakeholders, including persons served, families, and customers in all interactions and conduct.
• Establishes the culture of the program and creates initiatives that reinforce the culture.
• Acts as the program's liaison to the Corporate office, ensuring corporate initiatives are implemented and maintained.
Duties and responsibilities may be added, deleted and/or changed at the discretion of management.
• Knowledgeable about budgeting, HR, and applicable program regulations.
• Good communication, team building and problem solving skills.
• Familiarity with psychiatric conditions and recovery principles.
• Good customer relations skills.
• Skilled at identifying and removing barriers to change.
The physical demands here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
The employee is occasionally required to stand, twist, squat, kneel, crawl, climb and lift and carry items weighing 25 pounds or less as well as to frequently sit, walk, reach, bend and do simple and firm grasping of up to 50 pounds. The position requires manual.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information.
Copyright ©2015 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency