Certified Ophthalmic Assistant, Corvallis, OR
The CMA/COA provides patient care in accordance with established methods and techniques and conforms to recognized standards.
This position requires an active COA certification or a certificate from a medical assistant program and current certification from the AAMA or NCCT. You must have the ability to work well with patients, doctors and other staff along with the ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously and cope with the obstacles of a busy, fast-paced work environment.
Ophthalmic Assistant Specific Requirements:
- Performs ocular screening examinations; auto refraction, K. Readings, visual acuity testing and other required tests using various standardized means in order to prepare the provider with the information necessary for the care of ophthalmic patients.
- Maintain and repair all related equipment in a timely manner.
- Read glasses on lensometer.
- Assist in surgical procedures with the ability to prepare the patient for the provider examination.
- Stock and maintain inventory control of medicines and supplies.
- Current certification from the Joint Commission on Allied Health Personnel in Ophthalmology as a Certified Ophthalmic Assistant.
- Minimum of one (1) year previous successful work experience as a Certified Ophthalmic Assistant in a clinic setting.
*This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus of $1500, half payable upon 6 months of employment and half payable upon 12 months of employment*
Status: Full time
To learn more and apply visit www.CorvallisClinic.com, click on Career tab and go to staff openings.