Center Director, Cleveland, OH
The MetroHealth System is an essential health system committed to providing health care to everyone in Cuyahoga County, Ohio, and improving the health of the community overall. Its 7,300 employees deliver care to everyone at its main campus, just west of downtown Cleveland, and at more than 25 other MetroHealth locations. It also provides health care at more than 40 additional sites in Cuyahoga County through community partnerships such as the School Health program.
MetroHealth is home to Cuyahoga County’s only verified Level I Adult Trauma Center and Level II Pediatric Trauma Center, and it is one of two adult and pediatric burn centers in the state of Ohio verified by the American Burn Association and the Committee on Trauma of the American College of Surgeons. In the past year, MetroHealth provided more than one million patient visits in its hospital and health centers. MetroHealth also is an academic medical center committed to teaching and research; each of its active physicians holds a faculty appointment at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. MetroHealth has earned Magnet status, which places it in the top six percent of all hospitals nationwide for nursing excellence.
MetroHealth’s mission is, “Leading the way to a healthier you and a healthier community through service, teaching, discovery and teamwork.” For more information, visit metrohealth.org.
Structured in a dyad model with the Center Medical Director, both shall be responsible for the development, management and operations of an assigned Center for The MetroHealth System (MHS) in a patient-centric manner. Advises dyad counterpart on those matters involving operational decision making.
Together with Chairs and Center leadership, monitors and manages center performance against metrics (budget, quality, patient experience and population health). As Center Dyad co-leader, shares responsibility for the oversight of all facets of daily operations, including reviewing, recommending and implementing service enhancements; managing capital, expense and revenue budget for the area; establishing and maintaining an organizational structure and staffing to effectively accomplish center goals; supervising staff and coordinating scheduling. Ensures the effective and efficient provision of patient care services, including coordination of physician, nursing, therapy and overall customer services. Develops and maintains systems to ensure ease of scheduling patients, efficient use of resources, both human and capital. Upholds the mission, vision, values, and customer service standards of The MetroHealth System.
- Bachelor’s Degree in health-related field (i.e. Nursing, Nutrition, Social Work, or other Health Profession) or Business.
- Six years progressively responsible professional and management experience including planning and analysis, as well as program planning and development.
- Skill in budget preparation and fiscal management.
- Ability to supervise and train employees, to include organizing, prioritizing, and scheduling work assignments.
- Excellent interpersonal skills along with experience working with multi-disciplinary groups
- Solid knowledge of PC skills, including word processing and spreadsheet skills.
- Master’s Degree
- Ability to sit, stand, stoop, bend, and walk intermittently during the day.
- May sit or stand for extended periods of time.
- Ability to use computer.
- Ability to communicate in face-to-face, phone, email, and other communications.
- Ability to read job-related documents.