Assistant Nurse Manager - Labor and Delivery, Cleveland, OH
The MetroHealth System is an essential health system committed to providing health care to everyone in Cuyahoga County, Ohio, and improving the health of the community overall. Its 7,300 employees deliver care to everyone at its main campus, just west of downtown Cleveland, and at more than 25 other MetroHealth locations. It also provides health care at more than 40 additional sites in Cuyahoga County through community partnerships such as the School Health program.
MetroHealth is home to Cuyahoga County’s only verified Level I Adult Trauma Center and Level II Pediatric Trauma Center, and it is one of two adult and pediatric burn centers in the state of Ohio verified by the American Burn Association and the Committee on Trauma of the American College of Surgeons. In the past year, MetroHealth provided more than one million patient visits in its hospital and health centers. MetroHealth also is an academic medical center committed to teaching and research; each of its active physicians holds a faculty appointment at Case Western Reserve University School of Medicine. MetroHealth has earned Magnet status, which places it in the top six percent of all hospitals nationwide for nursing excellence.
MetroHealth’s mission is, “Leading the way to a healthier you and a healthier community through service, teaching, discovery and teamwork.” For more information, visit metrohealth.org.
In cooperation and conjunction with the nurse manager, plans, coordinates and evaluates all unit activities impacting patient care delivery; holds self and staff accountable for identification, evaluation, documentation and appropriate intervention of patients’ needs to ensure quality and cost effective patient care. Works with the nurse manager to support unit operations, including practice and financial management. Upholds the mission, vision, values, and customer service standards of The MetroHealth System.
- Graduate of an accredited school of professional nursing.
- Bachelors of Science in Nursing (BSN), or provides evidence of enrollment in a BSN program with completion of BSN by 12/31/2017.
- Current registered nurse licensure in the State of Ohio.
- At least 3 years experience as a registered nurse.
- Maternal/Child RN experience.
Demonstrates strong interpersonal, verbal/written communication and delegation and problem-solving skills.
- Specialty certification in field.
- May need to move around intermittently during the day, including sitting, standing, stooping, bending, and ambulating.
- May need to remain still for extended periods, including sitting and standing.
- Ability to communicate in face-to-face, phone, email, and other communications.
- Ability to read job related documents.
- Ability to use computer.