Director, Operations, Sylvania, OH
Being a part of a large family has advantages. With more than 500 ProMedica Physicians and advanced practice providers, our network is the region’s most complete, with connections to leading hospitals and a wide spectrum of health services. ProMedica Physicians have locations serving northwest Ohio and Southeast Michigan, all working together with a single mission: the health of our communities.
Responsible for all day-to-day operational activities within the practice. Oversees the operations and financial aspects of the practice. Creates a team-like attitude and approach to practice functions and management. Manages, coordinates and oversees the implementation of special projects. Assumes the responsibility for the risk management of the practice. Facilitates patient, physician and employee satisfaction.
- Manages patient access to meet practice revenue/encounter targets.
- Meets customer service goals through effective management of access points.
- In conjunction with finance, develops office operating budget, assesses needs for capital equipment, monitors expenses and takes corrective action as needed. Maintains practice over head to establish financial target.
- Assists in the hiring, interviewing and discipline process. Completes the performance evaluations of employees.
- Manages and maintains reports, participating/coordinating benchmarking and data collection to support quality, service, risk and medical expense reduction.
- Participates in physician recruiting and retention in support of all owned or managed practices in ProMedica Health System regions.
- Supervises, directs and oversees responsibilities and duties of office staff to ensure productivity and efficiency of office. Ensures that staff understands and follows established policies and procedures in the practice with appropriate approvals.
- Establishes and maintains accurate recordkeeping and filing systems to include HR, payroll, billing, purchasing, AP, clinical and operational requirements. Communicates changes to physicians and employees in a timely fashion.
- Directs practice changes required due to the addition or loss of physicians. Could include manpower planning, site relocation, correspondence to patients & payors, and coordination with other PPG and PHS departments.
- Records physician CME, vacations and LOA/sick time. Maintains records of staff continuing education and certifications.
- Upholds a professional appearance and demeanor within the office.
- Assists the Vice President, Operations with various special projects designed toward supporting and achieving corporate goals and objectives as determined by all ProMedica regions.
- Attends all regularly scheduled office manager meetings/seminars and accurately communicates information to staff and physicians in a timely manner.
- Meets with director of operations and/or clinical services, or CBO trainer as needed. Conducts physician/staff meetings on a regular basis.
- Implements successful collection procedures for outstanding balances and past due accounts. Holds staff accountable for meeting appropriate goals.
- Participates in available professional activities and continuing education programs.
- All other duties as assigned.
- Must have a college degree in business related field of study, with a minimum of five years of progressively responsible supervisory and administrative experience in health care.
- Master’s degree and private practice experience preferred.
- Must possess superior interpersonal and organizational skills and demonstrated ability to work in a multi-task environment.
- Must be able to move about the practice/department and between workstations.
- Must be able to understand directions (written and verbal), communicate and respond to inquiries.
- Must be able to occasionally lift or carry light equipment or supplies.
- Must be able to effectively use multiple computer applications and related technology
- Must be able to understand directions, communicate and respond to inquiries; requires effective interpersonal skills. Requires excellent verbal and written communication skills.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, ancestry, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression, age, disability, military or veteran status, height, weight, familial or marital status, or genetics.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Drug-Free Workplace