Claims Processing Specialist, Renton, WA
Claims Processing Specialist
Full-time at Administration (Renton, WA) · Renton, WA
The Claims Processing Specialist is responsible for ensuring accurate insurance verification, coding, and daily processing of medical and dental encounters. Also responsible for billing and follow up of Accounts Receivable.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILTIES
- Process charges electronically following medical and dental claims process.
- Provide feedback and communicate with provider and clinic staff to obtain incomplete or missing information needed to process clean claims.
- Meet/conference regularly with front desk staff and providers for updates of billing and coding processes.
- Review and follow up on unpaid claims with insurance companies using system generated reports.
- Review, correct and re-bill insurance claim denials according to established guidelines.
Education and/or Experience
- Completion of a program for Medical/Dental Billing at a technical school or college and coding certification plus 2 – 3 years related experience. Or 4-5 years experience in medical or dental billing and coding.
Licenses or Certificates
- Current and maintained registration/licensure with CPT, ICD-9, HCPCs and CHCS certification