Pharmacist on Call, Seattle, WA
The Pharmacist works under the direction of the Pharmacy Director to compound and dispense drugs according to prescriptions issued by medical and dental providers.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Review prescriptions issued by Physician or other authorized prescriber to assure accuracy and determine formulas and ingredients needed.
- Direct pharmacy employees engaged in mixing, packaging and labeling pharmaceuticals.
- Counsel patients and/or medical practitioners on drug indications or contraindications, dosage and administration, drug interactions, and side effects; provides other drug and pharmaceutical information as appropriate.
- Perform patient centered anticoag coumadin counseling, Medication Therapy Management (MTM) patient counseling, smoking cessation counseling, administer injections to patients and perform pharmacist prescription protocols.
- Maintain established procedures concerning quality assurance, security of controlled substances and disposal of hazardous waste drugs.
- Enter data such as patient name, prescribed medication and cost to maintain pharmacy files, charge system and inventory.
- Instructs interns and other medical personnel on matters pertaining to pharmacy.
- Develop and implement systems to maintain records on equipment inventories, and compliance activities.
- Maintains good attendance, is punctual and works full scheduled shift is a condition of employment.
- Demonstrates respectful, professional and appropriate behavior that supports a team oriented work environment.
- Demonstrate a commitment to the mission, core values and goals of HealthPoint and its healthcare delivery including the ability to integrate values of justice, respect, compassion, excellence and stewardship into appropriate programs and services.
- Perform other duties as assigned by supervisor.
SECONDARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform “Responsible Pharmacist” duties in the absence of Pharmacy Director and Lead Pharmacist.
- Perform Lead pharmacist duties in the absence of Pharmacy Director, Lead Pharmacist and Pharmacy Operations Manager.
- Attend staff meetings, in-service meetings and participate in agency committees and task force activities as required.
This position does not have supervisory responsibilities.
Education and/or Experience
Bachelor’s degree (BA/BS) from four-year college or university in Pharmacy and one year of directly related experience.
How to apply
Please send a cover letter and resume to: email@example.com
Attn: Human Resources
955 Powell Ave SW
Renton, WA 98057
You may also submit resumes by fax to (425) 277-1566