Nursing Manager, Antioch, CA
We are seeking a Nursing Manager to direct our dedicated nursing staff in a multi-location oncology/hematology practice.
A strong applicant must have excellent managerial skills, nursing experience (preferably in an Oncology environment), be analytical and computer capable, able to multitask, work well under pressure, have excellent communication/mentoring skills and possess a positive, can do attitude.
- Bachelors of Science degree. OCN preferred.
- 7 years of active nursing experience with 2 years oncology experience in an outpatient infusion center preferred, and 3 years of managerial experience that includes personnel management (hiring, firing, performance evaluations), as well as operational metrics production and analysis.
- Oversee the clinical operations for all nursing and clinical support activities;
- Oversee all nursing services to patients provided by the nursing staff;
- Manage and maintain effective daily nursing staff coverage for all the practice sites within budgetary constraints; schedule and coordinate employee vacation, sick leave and overtime;
- Coordinate and monitor training for all nursing personnel to maximize service to patients in accordance with practice policies and procedures; coordinate staff training/in-services as required to update staff on new medications and revised protocols; coordinate newly hired oncology RN orientation training and yearly competency updates for all nursing staff;
- Develop, review, revise and enforce clinical policies and procedures to reflect the safe, effective, and efficient practice modalities and treatment philosophies of the physicians and nursing staff for implementation throughout the practice;
- Develop, review, revise (in concert with practice administrative and billing staff) and enforce the correct use of charge codes and educate all staff in correct procedures per reimbursement guidelines;
- Develop and utilize performance metrics related to departmental objectives for nursing staff positions to ensure efficiency, productivity and appropriate staffing levels for appropriate safety, coverage, and patient acuity;
- Coordinate the completion of performance evaluations for all nursing staff;
- Demonstrate working knowledge of applicable labor laws;
- Develop annual operating goals and budget for the nursing department in support of the practice’s business plan under direction of practice administration;
- Participate in the Operations planning sessions to communicate nursing needs in relation to practice-wide operational initiatives;
- Work with Pharmacy, Oral Pharmacy, and drug/med-surg procurement departments to facilitate cost-effective ordering, stocking, and use of medical consumables.
Please apply to our website careers page at:www.epic-care.com