Outpatient Services Director, Salinas, CA
County of Monterey
Outpatient Services Director
SUMMARY OF POSITION
The Outpatient Services Director is responsible for planning, organizing and directing the operations of the outpatient clinic system at the County of Monterey. This position is responsible for the administration of a wide variety of clinic functions including policy formulation, management of operations and systems planning, and budgeting. The position supervises professional staff.
The Clinic Services Bureau operates seven clinics and two satellite clinics, including the Alisal Health Center in Salinas, Seaside Family Health Center, Monterey County Health Clinic at Marina and the Four Laurel Clinics located in Salinas, which include Family Practice, Internal Medicine, Vista and Pediatrics.
The Clinics offer care to the medically underserved in Monterey County. The mission of the Clinic Services Bureau is to provide access to high quality medical care to residents of Monterey County regardless of their ability to pay.
The eligible list established from this recruitment process will be used to fill the current position and may be used to fill future vacancies as they arise.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
Will have a proven track record demonstrating the ability to:
- Manage operations and plan, organize, coordinate and direct the provision of services for outpatient clinics
- Develop, recommend and implement new or revised policies, standards and procedures
- Research and plan services and programs of outpatient care
- Ensure quality program management (monitor productivity, employee competencies and long-term development)
- Provide fiscal program management
- Manage preventative care programs
- Supervise professional staff
- Strong management skills
- Responsibility and dependability
- Multi-tasking skills; ability to meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment
- Strong communication skills
- Excellent customer service skills
- Sensitivity, both culturally and linguistically
For complete information please see the class specification/job description on our website at:
EXAMPLES OF EXPERIENCE/EDUCATION/TRAINING:
The knowledge and skills listed above may be acquired through various types of experience, training, and/or education. A typical way to acquire the required knowledges and skills is listed below:
Five years of progressively responsible administrative experience in a major outpatient services program. Three of the five years must have been in a managerial or administrative capacity. Possession of a master’s degree in Hospital, Health Care, Public or Business Administration may be substituted for one year of the required experience.
Possession of a Bachelor’s degree from an accredited college or university with a major in Hospital, Health care, Public health, Public or Business Administration or closely related field.
APPLICATION & SELECTION PROCEDURES
TO APPLY: Submit the following to the Monterey County Health Department, Human Resources Division, 1270 Natividad Road, Salinas, CA 93906:
- Monterey County Employment Application
- Response to the Supplemental Questions
- Cover Letter
Or apply on-line at www.co.monterey.ca.us/personnel
Resumes may be submitted, but will not be accepted in lieu of required application materials.
Final filing date: OPEN UNTIL FILLED. Priority Screening Date: 05/05/2017
Application materials will be competitively evaluated. Those applicants who are determined to be most appropriately qualified will be invited to participate further in the process. To further assess applicant’s possession of required qualifications, this examination may include an oral examination, pre-exam exercise, performance exercise, performance exam, and/or written examination. For more information or to receive application materials, contact the Health Department Human Resources Division at (831) 755-4515.
- If you believe you possess a disability that would require test accommodations, please call the Health Department Human Resources Office at (831) 755-4515.
- Employment is contingent upon acceptable documentation verifying identity and authorization for employment in the U. S.
- If you are hired into this classification in a temporary position, your salary will be hourly and you will not be eligible for the benefits listed below.
- If you are hired into this classification, as a condition of your employment, you will have 30 days to join the union and authorize a union dues deduction or salary deduction of appropriate fees.
The County of Monterey offers a premium benefit package. A summary of benefits for this position can be viewed on the County website. This information is intended to provide you with a general summary of benefits available and is not legally binding. The benefits listed in the Monterey County Personnel Policies & Practices Resolution or “X” MOU prevails over this listing.
Responses to these Supplemental Questions must be submitted with your application materials. Invitations to participate further in the process will be based on an evaluation of your application and the responses to these questions. Applications received without a Supplemental Questions Response will not be considered.
If not applying online:
Please number your responses and address each question separately. Include your name and the title of the position for which you are applying at the top of each page submitted.
1. I have read and understood the supplemental questions and instructions. □ YES □ NO
2. Describe your education, background, and experience as it pertains to your ability to effectively direct an outpatient clinic services system.
3. Describe your experience, knowledge and ability to implement quality assurance and improvement projects and to develop and monitor budgets to ensure the fiscal viability of a health clinic system.
4. Describe your background and experience as a supervisor in the areas of hiring, training, evaluating, coaching, and disciplining employees. Please include the number of staff supervised and their job duties.
5. Describe your experience, knowledge, and ability to interpret new or revised laws and regulations pertaining to healthcare services. Describe your experience developing and implementing internal policies, standards, and operating procedures in response to legislation.
6. Describe your experience directing the implementation of high quality, culturally and linguistically appropriate customer service, access, and clinical care in a large and diverse clinical setting.
Monterey County is an Equal Opportunity Employer