Sr. Systems Trainer, Santa Barbara, CA
Senior Systems Trainer
Santa Barbara, CA, US
Worker Category: Regular Full-Time
Job Class Professional
Job Summary (General Overview, reporting to, work environment)
The Sr. Systems Trainer is responsible for providing training and documentation for the new HealthAxis system and current applications. Using creative techniques and materials, this individual will deliver and coordinate all technical training across the organization. The Sr. Systems Trainer will collaborate with technical and non-technical staff to define changes to departmental workflows needed to effectively support the new system and enhance those workflows to better streamline and automate existing applications.
Duties and Responsibilities
- The trainer will be responsible for administering end user education associated with the new HealthAxis System and other company-wide technical/systems training.
- Works with CenCal Business Analysts and business operations staff to review current workflows and make recommendations based on system capabilities of the HealthAxis system and other applications.
- Trains business operations staff on the new workflows developed for the HealthAxis system as well as other applications.
- Develops, implements, coordinates, schedules and conducts technical training for new hires and current employees.
- Responsible for the development of training plans for the HealthAxis system and any other clinical/ancillary applications needed for CenCal Health.
- Supports go live processes and supports post-production remedial training as needed.
- Ensures that end-users have the required system and workflow knowledge to perform their jobs at a high level.
- Works with the IT team to determine the technology training needs for employees
- Evaluates systems training and development programs
- Prepares all training materials and documentation
- Ensures that all updates and changes to systems applications are incorporated into training.
- Provides specialized training to end users when necessary outside of the normal scheduled training
- Keeps training documents updated as changes are implemented
- Creates Computer Based Instruction Modules as needed
- Mentors other trainers in technology and workflow training best practices
- Performs other duties as required
- Management Administration Skills: Manages and/or facilitates employees, budgets and equipment assigned to them, while helping employees maintain a clear picture of their roles and responsibilities to achieve organizational objectives. Helps to develop employee performance by delegating responsibilities and providing accurate feedback and assessments on a timely basis.
- Leadership Skills: Able to assume a role of formal or informal authority as necessary; advocate new ideas, even when risk is involved; delegate responsibility and empower associates to make decisions; capable of providing constructive feedback to others; able to receive constructive feedback from others; makes personal commitment to mentor and grow others.
- Strategic Thinking: Formulates objectives and priorities, and implements plans consistent with the long-term interest of the organization in a global environment, Capitalizes on opportunities and manages risks.
- Communication Skills-Oral, Listening & Written: Communicates both verbally & in writing in such a manner that it is easy to understand and interpret what and why information is being communicated. Listens attentively without interrupting and/or being distracted by other things.
- Collaboration & Teamwork: Utilizes communication techniques & methods that generate trust, collaboration, open two-way communication and a supportive work environment. Develops and generates team momentum, enthusiasm, and camaraderie to obtain maximum team performance. Values diverse talents of team members and works to include various points of view in decision-making.
- Human Capital Management: Builds and manages workforce based on organizational goals, budget considerations, and staffing needs. Ensures employees are appropriately recruited, selected, appraised, and rewarded; takes action to address performance problems. Manages a multi-sector workforce and a variety of work situations.
- Conflict Management: Encourages creative tension and differences of opinions. Anticipates and takes steps to prevent counter-productive confrontations. Manages and resolves conflicts and disagreements in a constructive manner.
- Decisiveness: The ability to make difficult decisions in a timely manner.
- Walk the Talk: Do what you say you are going to do. Be accountable for your actions.
- World Class Mindset: Behaves in an honest, fair, and ethical manner. Shows consistency in words and actions. Models high standards of ethics. Punctual, exhibits professional email etiquette. Adhere to company and department standards. Commitment to excellence.
Skills/Knowledge/Abilities (Indicate Required or Desired)
- Ability to interact effectively with all levels of personnel.
- Excellence in customer service and superior teamwork skills are essential
- Ability to effectively present information in a clear, east to understand manner,
- Ability to demonstrate new technology and respond to questions in a manner that non-technical staff can easily understand.
- Good understanding of healthcare business operations to identify necessary changes to operational workflows, and clearly train business operational staff on the new workflows.
- Medi-Cal and Medicare healthcare knowledge is desired
- Excellent computer skills – WORD, EXCEL PowerPoint, Outlook, etc..
- Ability to understand technology as it relates to healthcare business processes
- Ability to create technical documentation for the purposes of instructing employees
- Ability to build strong working relationships internal and external to the organization
- Capable of creating and administering very detailed instructions.
- Creative, forward thinker.
- Communicates effectively with all levels of end users.
Education and Experience
- Bachelor degree in Education, Healthcare, Information Systems, or related field
- Requires 3-5 years of experience in a Trainer/Educator role, with responsibilities for teaching others in a Healthcare setting
- Requires 3-5 years of experience with healthcare operations workflow training
- Experience with development of comprehensive training programs that integrate technology solutions with end user workflow and process design required
- Requires experience using learning management systems, with understanding of how the systems can be leveraged to facilitate end user training deliver and, competency testing.
- Experience leading or managing other trainers is preferred.
- Medicare systems and operations knowledge and highly desired.