Business Analyst, Santa Barbara, CA
IT Business Analyst
Santa Barbara, CA, US
Worker Category: Regular Full-Time
Consults with external and internal CenCal Health business clients and end users to analyze procedures and processes, and identify, define, and document opportunities for improvement.
- Analyze business objectives in relationship with the Health Information System to identify feasible solutions.
- Document current and future work flows, utilizing process flow diagrams, entity-relationship diagrams, and flow charts.
- Elicit, document, and organize business and functional requirements.
- Participates in aspects of project management, including requirements gathering, scope definition, design, and drafting test plans.
- Coordinates project activities, including product demonstrations, testing, and feedback sessions.
- Studies existing information processing systems to evaluate effectiveness and promote enhancements in systems to improve production or workflow as required.
- Performs other related duties/responsibilities as assigned or requested.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science/IT/Business related field preferred plus 6 experience working as a business analyst or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Knowledge of Application development domain and Healthcare data elements.
- Must have excellent customer service skills.
- Ability to work effectively with key stakeholders, up to senior management.
- Excellent written and communication skills, including technical writing skills.
- Demonstrates knowledge of project management methodologies, experience with software development life cycle, and health care business processes, including claims and eligibility processing, benefits, and authorizations. Medi-Cal experience preferred.
- Demonstrates objectivity and evidence-based reasoning.
- Must be able to attend meetings and participate in small teams effectively.
- Wide variety of computer skills including Word, Excel, Access, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Visio.
- Knowledge of SQL with the ability to create queries for simple reports and statistics.
- If you are interested in joining the team at CenCal Health, please submit your resume.
We offer competitive salaries and a great benefits package. EOE.