Administrative Director, Finance-Contracting, job #170648, Seattle, WA
Administrative Director, Finance - Contracting
Management | Fulltime - Regular | Seattle, WA, US
Job Number: 170648
Department: Contracting and Business Development
Hours: 8am - 5pm
Honored as Top Hospital of the Decade by The Leapfrog Group, Virginia Mason in Seattle, WA, is internationally recognized as a preeminent organization that is focused on transforming health care. True to that vision, we spent this past decade creating and delivering a multitude of innovations. The results? Industry-changing process improvements and initiatives that have revolutionized our ability to eliminate waste, cut costs, and most importantly, improve the quality of services. Our commitment to Team Medicine and the transformation of health care is what built our reputation as a quality leader, and empowers us with the capability to provide rapid access to care through our Virginia Mason Production System.
As a key member of our leadership team, you will help to continually develop the results-driven initiatives that define our success and are transforming healthcare.
This position is responsible for the negotiation and management of commercial and governmental payer contracts. Additionally, this position oversees the auditing of payer reimbursement from commercial and governmental payers. This position is heavily involved in organizational strategic planning regarding healthcare reform and healthcare reimbursement trends.
Key accountabilities include:
- Responsible for the development and negotiation of Virginia Mason's Physician and Hospital payer reimbursement rates with commercial and governmental payers. Negotiations include reimbursement rates, payment methodologies and core agreements. Additionally, includes elements of population health, data reporting and management of incentive contracts. A portion of this role is allocated to Virginia Mason Memorial contracting support.
- Organizational leader for bundled care agreements: including contract negotiations, TPA and employer relations, marketing and sales and partnering with service-line leadership regarding implementation, reporting and strategy. CJR key contact.
- Responsible for the oversight and management of the reimbursement audit team who recover approximately $6m annually in underpayments from the payers. Daily supervision, audit planning, recovery negotiations and settlements are included with this oversight.
- Key participation in Virginia Mason strategic planning initiatives specifically related to Healthcare reform, reimbursement methodologies, benefit design, network development and employer contracting. Completion of RFP/RFI as needed.
- This position requires a Master's Degree in Business Administration, Healthcare or related discipline
- 7 years in healthcare finance including five years in reimbursement and analytical work
- Additionally, five years of supervising professional staff is required.
- This position also requires strong analytical skills, communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
Virginia Mason offers much more than competitive compensation and benefits. With continuing education opportunities and the added potential of relocation assistance, you will find our commitment to your well-being is both rewarding and refreshing.
There is also the lifestyle benefit that comes with finding yourself in the heart of the Pacific Northwest. Surrounded by the vibrancy and sophistication of one of the most livable cities in the country, finding the perfect urban or outdoor pursuit will instinctively and pleasurably become second nature.
We are an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer.