EPIC Application Analyst/Coordinator, Yakima, WA
Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic
July 31, 2017
Are you an Epic Analyst with experience or certification in Ambulatory, MyChart or HIM? Do you have a strong understanding of technical project management, clinical + business processes and workflow? Are you looking to move to an organization that fits your professional goals and your personal passion for helping others? If so, we have a wonderful opportunity on our Epic IS Team!
What we're looking for:
- A strong communicator who excels at establishing and maintaining effective working relationships with staff at all corporate levels.
- A leader who is adept at making key decisions, prioritizing tasks and managing complex projects.
- A critical thinker who is able to assess problems and develop effective solutions and work with difficult people in a positive pleasant manner.
- An experienced IS/IT professional who has knowledge of various hardware, software, and peripheral equipment, as well as troubleshooting techniques
Previous experience with Epic systems preferred. Current Epic Certification or Epic Proficiency Status preferred.
What you'll do:
- Manages and executes Epic system configuration activities in Ambulatory, MyChart, HIM and Healthy Planet.
- Gather and analyze requirements to determine functional specifications; design, develop, maintain, review, and provide technical support services in an Epic environment.
- Analyze current systems, manage technical projects and make recommendations for upgrades/improvements.
- Build strong working relationships with staff through effective communication.
We offer great benefits:
- Relocation Assistance
- Paid Time Off
- Position/Technology Specific Training
- Excellent Healthcare options
- Education: Bachelor's Degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. ADN or higher or other formal clinical credentials may also be accepted.
- Experience: 2-4+ years in a healthcare setting, technical, or EHR configuration.
- Licenses/Certificates/Registration: Current Washington State driver's license and proof of automobile liability insurance coverage. If Epic training is needed, travel to Wisconsin may be required for as many as 8-10 training sessions over several months. Epic Certification or Proficient Status may be required within 90 days of training to permit continued employment. For some positions, clinical certifications, licenses, or other clinical credentials may be required (for example, certain positions may require nursing background).
Yakima Valley Farm Workers Clinic serves more than 140,000 people across 19 medical clinics, 10 dental clinics, and 57 programs in two states. We are Level 3 Certified as a Patient Centered Medical Home (PCMH). With integrated services including medical, dental, pharmacy, orthodontia, primary care nutritional counseling, autism screening, and primary care behavioral health, YVFWC's patient-centered model of care offers patients the full-spectrum of care. Recognizing social determinates of health, we also have community programs that offer assistance with employment and training, afterschool education, rental and shelter assistance, energy assistance, weatherization, HIV and AIDS counseling and testing, home visits, and four mobile medical/dental clinics.
Working at YVFWC
Working at Farm Workers Clinic means being the passionate champion for those who have no voice. It means having the opportunity to work with underserved populations and with peers committed to the same work.
At Farm Workers Clinic:
- We will consistently TRUST one another to work for the common good.
- We will foster INTEGRITY by demonstrating ethical behavior and insisting on doing what we say we will do.
- We will demonstrate TRANSPARENCY by being candid and truthful no matter the risk.
- We will create PARTNERSHIPS to strengthen ourselves and our community.
- We will fight for JUST TREATMENT for all individuals.
- We will let JOY in.
- We have the COURAGE to be an agent of change and refuse anything short of excellence.
Our mission celebrates diversity. We are committed to equal opportunity employment.