Director of Nursing, Los Angeles, CA
Director of Nursing
Gateways Hospital & Mental Health Center
Gateways Hospital and Mental Health Center located in Los Angeles, is a non-profit organization that provides an array of comprehensive mental health services for Children, Adolescents, Transitional Aged Youth, and Adults suffering from mental illness in the Greater Los Angeles area. The organization consists of a standalone fifty five (55) bed hospital and seven outlying outpatient facilities that have anywhere from fourteen (14) beds to one hundred and forty (140) beds. The organization has approximately four hundred (400) employees.
The primary function of the Director of Nursing is being responsible for all facets of patient care for the inpatient facility. This includes overseeing quality administration of patient care and interfacing with the Director of Social Services, Psychology Services and the Adjunctive Therapy Department as well as adherence of all clinical duties required by oversight agencies such as AOA and CMS.
Minimum Experience Required
- Five years of clinical experience as an RN
- Psychiatric nursing experience
- Two (2) years successful administrative and supervisory experience in a mental health setting
Minimum Education Required
- Masters’ Degree in Nursing (MSN) or higher level education such as a Doctorate Degree
Minimum Certification Required
- Licensed as a registered nurse in the State of California
- Ability to work a minimum of forty (40) hours per week
- Demonstrated supervisory/administrative ability necessary to direct department operations
- Ability to communicate effectively in English both verbally and in writing
- Ability to sit for long periods of time
- Ability to use a personal computer
- Functional knowledge of quality management techniques
Gateways offers a competitive salary with excellent benefits (medical and dental insurance; 403b Retirement Plan with company contribution, Supplemental Insurance plans, Life and Accidental Death and Dismemberment Insurance program, Flexible Spending plan, paid Vacation, Sick Time, Personal Holidays and paid Holidays).
Location: Los Angeles / Gateways Hospital and Mental Health Center
Status: (1) Full-Time / Exempt / Non-Union
Salary Range: $110K to $140K DOE
To apply, please visit our website http://GatewaysHospital.org and apply on line.