Manager-Pro Coding/Reimbursement, Kirkland, WA
Responsible for managing and maintaining the effective workflow of the professional coding, audit and education team. Develops and maintains coding policies and procedures, performance standards, workflow priorities and staff schedules. Directs, supports and educates physicians and medical staff on coding guidelines to ensure quality and consistency of ICD-10, CPT and documentation guidelines in accordance with CMS / HCFA regulations.
License, Certification, Education or Experience:
REQUIRED for the position:
- American Academy of Procedural Coders (AAPC) or American Health Information Management Association (AHIMA) certification such as: CPC, CCS-P, RHIA, RHIT.
- 5 years of professional coding experience in a multi-specialty medical group setting.
- Proficient knowledge of medical terminology and coding and sequencing guidelines.
- Comprehensive understanding of anatomy, physiology and disease processes.
- Clear understanding of various reimbursement methodologies with knowledge of payer billing requirements.
- General knowledge of healthcare revenue cycle including familiarity with reimbursement methodology, charge capture and billing processes.
- Extensive knowledge in physician professional coding and reimbursement guidelines, training and education
- Quantitative, analytic, and problem solving skills to evaluate all aspects of a problem or opportunity to draw valid conclusions to make or facilitate appropriate and timely decisions.
- Ability to work with peers across the organization as well as with external customers.
- Ability to make decisions with respect to his/her delegated responsibilities.
DESIRED for the position:
- Bachelor's degree in a healthcare management or related field.
- AHIMA or AAPC specialty certification(s)