Program Manager - Health Services, South San Francisco, CA
PROGRAM MANAGER-HEALTH SERVICES
?The Health Plan of San Mateo (HPSM), a managed care health plan, seeks a full time Program Manager that will oversee the following: Clinical program development, integration and execution in support of departmental processes, operations and administrative efficiency for the Health Services Department which includes: Pharmacy Services, Quality Improvement, Utilization Management and Care Coordination. The incumbent has primary accountability for developing and managing clinical programs within the organizational framework. The Program Manager will deliver results-oriented solutions that enhance program operations, and improve the overall quality and cost effectiveness of the services delivered by the Health Plan.
The essential duties & responsibilities will include the following:
- Manage program(s) from initiation through delivery and monitor for continuous improvement.
- Provide input into designing strategies for alignment with functional unit goals and objectives.
- Develop methods, techniques and evaluation criterion for obtaining results.
- Plan, execute and evaluate program initiatives to improve performance.
- Participate cross-functionally in business planning to support business unit strategy.
- Contribute to project teams, assigning and monitoring work of team members and providing guidance and leadership.
- May act as the business unit liaison to corporate initiatives and projects.
- Educate and work with external partners and participating
- Analyze new or updated regulations, laws and contract language and implement appropriate changes to internal policies, procedures and workflows.
Education and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Health Care Management or Public Policy required. MBA, MPH or MPP preferred
- Minimum three (3) years of managed care experience preferably with Medicare/Medi-Cal experience
- Experience with quality improvement/process improvement techniques required.
- Previous project/program management experience required.
- Relationship Building and Interpersonal Skills
- Financial/Quantitative Acumen
- Change management, process improvement and redesign
- Organizational behavior skills with a focus on driving for results
- Project management, program evaluation and consulting skills.
- Knowledge of accrediting/regulatory body requirements
- Personal computers and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
- Work cooperatively with others.
- Work as part of a team and support team decisions.
- Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing.
- Adapt to changes in requirements/priorities for daily and specialized tasks
- Think critically and make informed decisions.
Starting Compensation Range: $81,208 - $105,570/annually - depending on experience.
Benefits Information: Excellent benefits package offered, including HPSM paid premiums for employee’s coverage in the medical HMO plan and majority of PPO medical cost. Employee pays a small portion of the dependent premiums for medical and dental benefits. Additional HPSM benefits include fully paid vision, life, AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance; retirement plan (10% of salary for compensation/HPSM paid); holiday and vacation pay; tuition reimbursement plan; and more.
Application Process: To apply, submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to: Health Plan of San Mateo, Human Resources Department, 801 Gateway Blvd., Suite 100, South San Francisco, CA 94080 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax: (650) 616-8039. File by: Continuous until filled. EOE