Care Coordination Family Specialist, South San Francisco, CA
CARE COORDINATION FAMILY SPECIALIST
The Health Plan of San Mateo (HPSM), a managed care health plan, seeks a full time Care Coordination Family Specialist to Serves as a member/family liaison, providing assistance with care coordination for HPSM members. Primary focus is developing relationships with members and families, conducting in-person or telephonic intake assessments, completing interventions that address member/family problems, and tracking care coordination work in technology systems. Additional responsibilities include serving as the internal expert on member/family relations, participation in committees and team meetings, and creating educational resources or programs as needed. The essential duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Handle requests for care coordination, assessing the request, the member’s needs, and facilitating appropriate interventions and follow up.
- Administer CCS Pediatric Intake Assessment to members/families as needed.
- Assist Public Health Nurse Care Coordinators and staff to coordinate members’ appointments, equipment, social services, and home health needs.
- Provide information and refer clients to appropriate social services agencies; research community resources for clients; work closely with County and HPSM staff to coordinate various functions of outreach and referrals.
- Assist Members/Families in a wide variety of daily living activities, such as completing applications and forms, providing transportation, budgeting, and navigating support service systems.
- Organize and coordinate workshops, meetings, or sessions for individuals and groups in the community involved in specific programs.
- Prepares a variety of correspondence, periodic and special reports, informational publications, program documentation, policies, procedures and other written materials.
- Assist staff in developing strategy for conducting and maintaining effective relationships with the community; interpret community needs and cultural patterns to professional staff members.
- Conduct home and field visits to develop relationships with members, families, and providers. Conduct in-person assessments and provide referrals and assistance as needed with issues that arise in the field.
- Participate in team meetings.
- Develop educational programs and content to assist members and families with developing skills to function independently and self-manage their health care.
- Work with Members/Families and Providers to develop and disseminate customized care plans, as well as facilitating the participation of members/families and providers in scheduled interdisciplinary team meetings.
- Participate in internal committees as an advocate and expert regarding the Family perspective of a Health Plan of San Mateo and California Children’s Services (CCS) member.
- Work within existing technology systems to document all care coordination activities, including planned interventions to resolve any urgent problems.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: High school diploma or GED required. College level courses in health care, a plus. One year of managed care experience preferably in Care Coordination. At least 3 years of experience working with the health needs of the population served. At least one year of direct Care Coordination experience.
Knowledge of: Care management, Medi-Cal, and Medicare benefits as well as the complexities of working with the pediatric and disabled population. Community resources and how to initiate referrals. Personal computers and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint.
Ability to: Work cooperatively with others. Work as part of a team and support team decisions. Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Adapt to changes in requirements/priorities for daily and specialized tasks
Starting Compensation Range: Between $26.66/hour - $34.66/hour– depending on experience.
Other: ***Fluency in Spanish is highly preferred for this position.***
Benefits Information: Excellent benefits package offered, including HPSM paid premiums for employee’s Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Employee pays a small portion of the dependent premiums (5%) for medical and dental benefits. Additional HPSM benefits include fully paid life, AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance; retirement plan (10% of salary for compensation/HPSM paid); holiday and vacation pay; tuition reimbursement plan; onsite fitness center and more. Check out our full benefits package at: https://www.hpsm.org/abouthpsm/employment-opportunities.aspx (Under Employee Benefits Tab)
Application Process: To apply, submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to: Health Plan of San Mateo, Human Resources Department, 801 Gateway Blvd., Suite 100, South San Francisco, CA 94080 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax: (650) 616-8039. File by: Continuous until filled. EOE