Registered Nurse, Seattle, WA
The Registered Nurse provides and coordinates all clinical aspects of care for patients receiving proton radiation therapy, in collaboration with a multidisciplinary team to achieve predetermined quality outcomes. The Registered Nurse will be expected to perform clinical research tasks that are interrelated to the daily function of the clinic. It will be the responsibility of the Registered Nurse to assure all federal regulations regarding research are followed and work in collaboration with Research.
- Educates patients in the proton therapy clinic; responds to consultations made by physicians.
- Performs patient histories and physical examinations under physician supervision; evaluates results and monitors treatment plans; maintains medical records.
- Oversees patient schedules, appointments, and procedures.
- Participates in educational in-services and seminars for health care providers at SCCA Proton Therapy Center as well as the surrounding area; maintains current certification through continuing education.
- Accountable for the management of patient care in assigned service(s).
- Utilizes critical thinking skills to recognize and solve patient problems.
- Identifies the age-specific growth and developmental needs of the patients, and utilizes the nursing process and nursing standards to prevent or manage actual/potential problems in the assigned service of the SCCA Proton Therapy Center.
- Identifies patient/family nursing needs and assures that they are met.
- Inputs, retrieves, and interprets data from multiple manual and computer information systems.
- Maintains patients rights and demonstrates respect for persons of all ages and diverse cultures.
- Utilizes organizational skills to assure continuity of care in collaboration with other disciplines through appropriate planning, education, and coordination of other services.
- Collaborates with the medical staff to facilitate and optimize patient care.
- Acts on behalf of the patients and family to ensure care that is safe and appropriate with consideration for values, diversity, and human rights.
- Participates in nursing and medical research and facilitates transfer of new knowledge to patient care
WORK EXPERIENCE REQUIREMENTS
- One year of experience in patient care required
- Two years of oncology experience or pediatric OR/Recovery preferred
REQUIRED SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Knowledge of medical procedures, terminology, and equipment.
- Patient assessment skills.
- Ability to apply good clinical judgment.
- Ability to plan work, establish priorities, and remain flexible.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality.
- Knowledge of general nursing principles and practices.
- Knowledge of scientific principles and specialized techniques used in the practice of nursing.
- Knowledge of medications and treatments.
- Knowledge of current literature in the field of nursing and hospital administration.
- Ability to assess the effectiveness of nursing care.
- Ability to maintain records, prepare reports, and compose correspondence.
- Ability to communicate effectively with co-workers, subordinates, superiors, partner hospitals/medical practices, the general public, representatives of public and private organizations and others sufficient to exchange or convey information.
- Problem Solving/Conflict Resolution
- Performance Standards
- Flexibility/Managing Change
- Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Fostering Teamwork
- Graduate of an approved RN program, with Bachelors degree in nursing preferred; supplemented with two years of related clinical nursing experience
- Washington State RN licensure required
- Certification in Basic Life Support (BLS) preferred
- Certification in Pediatric Advanced Life Support (PALS) preferred
Please apply using the following link: https://www.sccaprotontherapy.com/careers/registered-nurse
You may also apply by directly emailing HR at: email@example.com Please include your resume in the email.