Medical Director of Inpatient Services, Seattle, WA
Medical Director of Inpatient Services $10K Sign on Bonus
Inpatient Medical NU – Seattle, Washington
The Medical Director of Inpatient Services is responsible for the clinical and compliance oversight and daily coordination of the psychiatric and primary care staff in Inpatient Services.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provides clinical supervision and oversight of all Inpatient psychiatric and primary care staff.
- Responsible for Overall Administration of psychiatric and primary care staff functions in conjunction with the Inpatient Medical Services Administrator.
- Collaborates with the Medical Chief Operating Officer in the management of Medical Services budget.
- Provides psychiatric care and carries a case load of patients.
- Maintains knowledge of clinical quality and trends, and provides consultation for staff on current and new programming.
- Other duties as assigned.
- MD degree; 5+ years’ experience in general psychiatry and behavioral healthcare; equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Experience with clinical process, utilization management and quality assurance.
- Thorough knowledge of general psychiatry and behavioral healthcare.
- Understanding of clinical process, utilization management and quality assurance.
- Good communication, interpersonal and teaching skills.
- Ability to be collaborative with the full organization’s Leadership Team.
- Ability to provide leadership to multi-disciplinary staff.
- Ability to be collaborative with psychiatric and primary care staff.
- Ability to represent the Agency to the various agencies and interest groups in the community.
- Pass required WA State background checks.
- Maintain current WA State Medical License
This position directly supervises Director of Inpatient Primary Care, Inpatient Psychiatrists, Inpatient ARNPs, as assigned. Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization’s policies and applicable laws. Responsibilities include interviewing, hiring, and training employees; planning, assigning and directing work; monitoring performance; rewarding and disciplining employees; and addressing complaints and resolving problems.
- Competitive including Medical, Dental, Vision
- 401k, Short/Long-term Disability, Life Insurance
- 22 days of Paid Time Off and 8 paid holiday’s in your first year of employment
- Malpractice Liability Insurance
The mission of Navos is to improve the quality of life of people vulnerable to mental illness by providing a broad continuum of trauma informed care with a focus on recovery and resilience. Navos responds to the needs of people with mental illness in King County. Services are targeted to those who live at or near poverty, often as a result of their mental illness. Navos is committed to embracing equity and inclusiveness in everything we do. Our efforts are intentional, deliberate, and a fundamental part of the everyday expectation for working at Navos.