Nursing Supervisor, Shingletown, CA
Organization: Shingletown Medical Center
Title: Nursing Supervisor
Education and Experience Requirements: Completion of an accredited RN program with a Bachelor degree in healthcare or business administration preferred. Current California RN license and in good standing with the Board of Registered Nurses required. Current CPR certification required, ACLS preferred.
Two years experience in health administration including one year experience in a clinic environment. Minimum of one year experience in acute care or a clinic.
Salary: $30.00 - $32.00 per hour exempt (commensurate with experience)
Summary: Are you interested in providing patient care in a rural health setting? Shingletown Medical Center is a Federally Qualified Health Center located in beautiful Shingletown, CA. Shingletown is located in the Sierras a short drive from Lassen Volcanic Park.
Works with the Medical Director and Back Office Supervisor to provide leadership, direction and administration of clinical operations to ensure accomplishment of medical center goals and provision of high quality patient care. Provides oversight of nursing services, supervises LVN and provides patient care services by utilizing the nursing processes.
Collaborates with Back Office Supervisor to ensure appropriate patient care.
Promote the provision of cost-effective, high-quality health care services for all patients.
Analyze systems and procedures plus recommend changes to improve workflow and efficiency
Work in an independent capacity resolving problems, analyzing data and preparing reports.
Function as the clinical liaison within Shingletown Medical Center committee structure and other organizations through out Northern California.
The Nursing Supervisor must possess these skills:
Analytical thinking, change leadership, customer focus, strong communication skills, conflict management skills, independent decision making, and willingness to develop other staff, be a strong team member with vision and strategic thinking.
Must be able to display sensitivity in a multi-cultural environment.
- Standing/Walking: Up to 50% of the workday is spent standing/walking throughout area on tile floors.
- Sitting: 50% of the workday may be spent sitting at the desk or workstation.
- Lifting: Up to 2% of the workday might be spent lifting up to 35lb.
- Carrying: Up to 10% of the workday might be spent carrying supplies necessary to perform job.
- Stretching/Reaching: Up to 25% of the workday may be spent reaching or stretching.
- Twisting: Up to 25% of the workday may be spent at the waist to retrieve general office supplies and answer telephones.
- Hearing: Average ability is required to answer the telephone, respond to questions and provide information.
- Seeing: Average ability is required to read and follow instructions, to operate office machines. All staff that perform lab tests requiring color discernment are required to pass a color blindness test.
- Talking: Good communication skills are required to communicate effectively with a range of internal and external personnel in accomplishing daily duties.
For additional information please contact Denise Highfill HR/Compliance Officer at Shingletown Medical Center 530.474.3390. If you are a qualified applicant and are interested in this fast paced position please submit your resume to firstname.lastname@example.org