Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant, Portland, OR
Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant
Central City Concern is a non-profit organization whose mission is to provide comprehensive solutions to ending homelessness and achieving self-sufficiency. CCC provides many services, such as addiction treatment, employment, housing, mental health, primary care, and other related culturally specific services, to a diverse population. As an agency deeply rooted in recovery we have a keen interest in promoting and maintaining a Drug & Alcohol-Free Workplace. As part of our policy and commitment to a drug and alcohol-free workplace we conduct post-offer, pre-employment drug screens.
TITLE: Family or Adult Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant– 50721
DEPARTMENT: Primary Care
SCHEDULE 0.5-0.8 FTE
SUMMARY: A Family Nurse Practitioner or Physician Assistant in CCC’s Primary Care department, a designated Health Care for the Homeless program, provides primary, urgent and acute care to a population of low income adults with a broad range of physical, behavioral and social conditions.
Old Town Clinic delivers care in an innovative, integrated model, with behavioral health (including specialty mental health and addiction medicine), naturopathy, pharmacy, and acupuncture on-site, as well as an outpatient alcohol and drug treatment center across the street, and Alcohol and Drug Free Community Housing above the clinic.
CCC’s other medical care sites include shelter-based clinics that strive to connect individuals who are marginally housed or homeless with primary care and social services. A strong background in mental health and addiction medicine is preferred, as well as experience working with homeless and underserved populations. Demonstrated skills in primary care medicine and licensure to practice medicine in Oregon is required of all applicants.
- Graduate of an accredited Nurse Practitioner Program or Physician Assistant program
- Unrestricted licensure to practice medicine in Oregon or eligibility for such licensure are required of all nurse practitioner applicants
- If candidate is a Nurse Practitioner, graduate of an accredited school of nursing.
- Current Advanced Practice Registered Nurse (APRN) Licensure with National certification or Licensed to practice as a Physician’s Assistant in Oregon, with at least 2 years’ experience.
- A strong background in mental health and addiction medicine is preferred, as well as experience working with homeless and underserved populations.
- Demonstrated skills in primary care medicine.
- Bilingual in Spanish or Vietnamese strongly preferred.
- Must meet CCC privileging requirements as required by FTCA.
- Current DEA Certification required.
- Must have current CPR certification or must be able to obtain in one month.
- Available to work during standard clinic hours.
- If a recovering chemically dependent person, must be in an on-going program of recovery with 2 years demonstrated level of sobriety.
- Must pass a pre-employment drug screen TB test and background check.
- Physical ability to bend, stoop, kneel, squat, twist, reach, pull and lift heavy objects.
- Able to climb stairs several times a day.
- Must adhere to agency’s non-discrimination policies.
- Ability to effectively interact with co-workers and clients with diverse ethnic backgrounds, religious views, cultural backgrounds, life-styles, and sexual orientations and treat each individual with respect and dignity.
HOW TO APPLY:
To view the full job description and apply visit:
***Applicants must upload a cover letter and resume to their application in order to be considered for this opportunity.***
CCC is an EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER and does not discriminate against applicants on the basis of race, gender, protected veteran’s status, disability, or any other protected class. Applicants seeking reasonable accommodation can contact the Human Resources department at 503-294-1681.