Patient Navigator, Woodstock, IL
Centegra Health System
Behavioral Health Professional
November 13, 2017
MINIMUM KNOWLEDGE, SKILL AND ABILITIES REQUIRED
- Minimum of Bachelor’s Degree or 5 years of experience in a behavioral health setting, Master’s degree preferred, in a social service related field;
- Minimum of 1-3 years of experience within a behavioral health setting
- Interpersonal skills necessary to establish a working relationship with patients and their families and staff.
- Analytical skills necessary in order to properly monitor patients’ behaviors and maintain a safe and therapeutic milieu environment.
- Writing skills necessary in order to accurately document patients’ progress in the medical record.
- Must be organized, detailed oriented, able to multi-task, and dedicated to helping others.
- Crisis experience preferred.
Knowledge of crisis intervention and de-escalation techniques utilized with patients experiencing significant behavioral health and/or substance use challenges.