Director of Revenue and Operations -TMC One - Administration, Tucson, AZ
Director of Revenue and Operations -TMC One - Administration
Job Category Management
Schedule Full time
Shift 1 - Day Shift
Reports to the Executive Director of Administration, optimizes the revenue cycle process and optimizes the operations and the performance of a diverse network of medical groups and affiliate providers across TMC Healthcare to best serve our community, with a focus on improving healthcare access and quality, while eliminating unnecessary cost. The Director of Revenue and Operations is responsible for the day to day operations and coordination of all revenue cycle responsibilites while achieving operational and revenue excellence. Also, supports the Executive Director of Administration with provider growth, strategy, and support staff resources.
Assist the Executive Director Administration in articulating the CIN (Clinically Integrated Network) vision and gaining commitment of medical groups and affiliate providers.
Implementation of regional strategy and related goals that is in alignment with and drives system strategy. Supports the effective and efficient delivery of quality care and financial sustainability.
Champions TMN engagement efforts within the market to include physicians, patients and employees.
Support Tucson Medical Network and the Executive Director of Administration with:
- Engaging physicians and advanced practice providers, developing a comprehensive provider service network through one of many options including foundation model engagement, contracted service, and employment and Management Service Organization (MSO) arrangements.
- Engaging with physicians and the Quality Manager in the promotion of evidence-based models linked to quality, disease management and the appropriate use of resources, setting aligned metrics, targets and incentive plans for productivity and quality.
- Collaborating to support Tucson Medical Network (TMN) to connect specialty services to the CIN including Laborists, Pediatric Hospitalists, Pediatric Intensivists, etc. Support specialty services that can demonstrate growth, need, and cost efficiency opportunities.
- Working with dyad partners across the system to identify areas to support for future improvement or enhancement. These include EMCare, Radiology Limited, Pathology, OPA, AIM, etc.
Provide leadership to ensure relevant data sources are connected to the CIN including Arizona Connected Care (AZCC) assuring quality reports are generated in support of quality outcomes, efficiency, and population management metrics.
Oversees and leads the daily operation of the following core operational functions:
Billing and Revenue-Cycle Management
- Budgeting-R&E Analysis
- Pay For Performance
- Strategic Planning
- Network and Team Building
- Payer Contracting
- Practice Management
- Practice Analytics
- Patient Experience
- Ensuring smooth and efficient patient-flow and workflow.
Accelerate the development of the MSO, to provide key services that include access to a centralized model delivering services such as those listed above.
Incorporate a range of office-management and business services to better support their practices.
Adheres to TMCH organizational and department-specific safety, confidentiality, values, policies and standards.
Performs related duties as assigned.
EDUCATION: Bachelor’s degree in Business or related field; Master’s degree preferred.
EXPERIENCE: Requires five (5) years of leadership experience in a comparable leadership and/or physician management role, five (5) years of experience working with a healthcare system with an affiliated physician base or an independent physician association, and experience with overseeing a growing multi-specialty network and standardizing work.
Preferred ten (10) years of accomplished experience in a large, complex, and integrated healthcare or payer setting, previous experience in developing and/or operating management service organizations, previous familiarity with various physician compensation plans, incentives and contracting arrangements, proven background with building physician relationships in a collaborate model, demonstrated visibility and engagement with an effective and open communication style with physicians, and previous focus on data integration, quality measurement and outcomes performance.
LICENSURE OR CERTIFICATION: Preferred board certification through the American College of Medical Practice Executives (ACMPE).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Thorough knowledge of operational functions.
- Skills with verbal, written, and interpersonal communications.
- Skill in organizing a variety of tasks and staff to meet deadlines.
- Skill in the use of computer applications, which includes the use of software such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and/or various donor database software programs.
- Ability to motivate and manage staff to help advance the mission of TMC One.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to inquiries or complaints from employees, patients and/or their representatives, and the general public.
- Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.