Business Systems Analyst, South San Francisco, CA
Business Systems Analyst
(BUSINESS SYSTEMS INTEGRATION DEPARTMENT)
The Health Plan of San Mateo (HPSM), a managed care health plan, seeks a full time Business System Analyst to join a growing department and to serve as a bridge between the business departments and the IT/technical teams to develop and implement business solutions in a coordinated cost-effective way. The essential duties & responsibilities will include the following:
- Improve organizational and staff performance by analyzing/developing work flows, processes, and functional gaps and developing optimal solutions.
- Serve as project lead during application selection and implementation, facilitating communication between and decision-making of the business and technical teams.
- Work closely with affected business units and associated technical teams, develop and maintain appropriate documentation for application implementation, including workflow diagrams, business requirements, requirements management plans, system implementation work plans, change management documentation, and other documents as necessary.
- Manage vendor relationships, with focused effort during periods of application implementation.
- Develop systems and processes to support operational strategy.
- Compile data, analyze information, and prepare reports.
- Facilitate and document meetings.
- Communicate information in an organized and easy-to-understand manner, translating business needs to the technical team and vice versa.
- Serve as liaison between business units and technical teams to ensure that all parties of a project are working in a cohesive manner toward optimal organizational results.
- Ensure timely completion of all deliverables.
- Research issues related to assigned projects, including regulatory compliance; identify impact on the plan.
Education and Experience: Bachelor’s degree in business or other related filed; Master’s degree preferred. Minimum of three (3) years direct work experience in business analysis or project management with business analysis focus. Experience in healthcare or managed care environment preferred.
Knowledge of: Personal computers and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Visio, PowerPoint, and Project. Process/workflow design, root cause analysis, and documentation methodologies. Information systems, business processes, and the key drivers and/or measures of success for the healthcare industry.
Ability to: Work cooperatively with others. Work effectively independently as well as part of a team and support team decisions. Communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing. Adapt to changes in requirements/priorities for daily and specialized tasks. Produce accurate and precise work, detect discrepancies and resolve discrepancies all while meeting deadlines. Demonstrate strong analytical skills and problem solving skills as well as formulate and communicate recommendations for improvement as needed. Demonstrate strong organizational, time management, and project management skills and multi-tasking abilities. Learn new software applications as needed. Establish and maintain effective and cooperative working relationships with HPSM staff and others contacted in the course of the work. Assume responsibility and exercise good judgment in making decisions within the scope of authority of the position. Think and work effectively and creatively under pressure and accurately complete tasks within established times. Prioritize tasks and meet deadlines. Maintain confidentiality.
Starting Compensation Range: Between $74,440 - $107,794 - depending on experience.
Benefits Information: HPSM offers extremely competitive benefits. Check them out at: https://www.hpsm.org/abouthpsm/employment-opportunities.aspx (Under Employee Benefits Tab)
Application Process: To apply, submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to: Health Plan of San Mateo, Human Resources Department, 801 Gateway Blvd., Suite 100, South San Francisco, CA 94080 or via email: email@example.com or via fax: (650) 616-8039. File by: Continuous until filled. EOE