Compliance Auditor II, South San Francisco, CA
COMPLIANCE AUDITOR II
The Health Plan of San Mateo (HPSM), a managed care health plan, seeks a full time Compliance Auditor II to conduct internal audits of both a routine and complex level. This position will serve in a consulting capacity to HPSM staff in assisting them to be in compliance with regulations and program requirements. The essential duties & responsibilities will include the following:
- Audit critical operational functions using management specified guidelines, to monitor compliance with contracts, regulations, and program guidelines.
- Work in conjunction with the Management to make recommendations for audit criteria.
- Assist in preparations for audits from regulatory agencies.
- Prepare summary audit reports, indicate if corrective action is needed and submit findings to management.
- When warranted, provide recommendations and suggestions for corrective actions.
- Monitor progress of corrective action plan.
- Maintain knowledge of HPSM policies and procedures for standard work processes of those departments audited.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
Education and Experience: Experience in a managed care environment, preferred. Two (2) year college degree in the field of health, business or finance is preferred. Minimum of one (1) year prior healthcare auditing experience required.
Knowledge of: Public health programs, preferred. Internal auditing, quality assurance, and/or quality improvement processes, preferred. Personal computers and proficiency in Microsoft Suite applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
Ability to: Demonstrate strong analytical and research skills. Communicate effectively, orally and in writing, particularly in preparing reports. Interact with a variety of people in difficult situations. Meet deadlines. Work independently.
Starting Compensation Range: Depending on experience.
Benefits Information: Excellent benefits package offered, including HPSM paid premiums for employee’s Medical, Dental and Vision coverage. Employee pays a small portion of the dependent premiums (5%) for medical and dental benefits. Additional HPSM benefits include fully paid life, AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance; retirement plan (HPSM contributes equivalent of 10% of annual compensation); holiday and vacation pay; tuition reimbursement plan; onsite fitness center and more.
Application Process: To apply, submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to: Health Plan of San Mateo, Human Resources Department, 801 Gateway Blvd., Suite 100, South San Francisco, CA 94080 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax: (650) 616-8039. File by: Continuous until filled. EOE
Submissions without a Cover Letter and salary expectations may not be considered.