Director - Marketing & Communications, Urbana, IL
Director - Marketing & Communications
Department: Marketing & Communications_10_19
Job Category: Management
Employment Type: Full - Time
Job ID: 1619
Experience Required: More than 10 years
Education Required: Bachelors Degree
Location: Urbana, IL
Usual Schedule: M-F 8a-5p
On Call Requirements: N/A
Work Location: Carle at the Fields
Weekend Requirements: N/A
Holiday Requirements: N/A
Director of Marketing and Communications is responsible for the system's branding and brand management, marketing strategy, marketing management, digital strategy, marketing research, advertising and promotion, and internal communications. Responsibilities include direction of brand management, consumer marketing, recruitment marketing, creative strategies, enterprise digital strategy and digital properties, CRM strategy, internal and external communications, special events, and other communications or outreach efforts that impact the brand, marketing, and image of the health system. Director of Marketing and Communications plays a complementary role in market planning and business development activities.
Bachelors Related Field
Ten (10) years Marketing/Advertising
Excellent strategic thinking; excellent communication skills; strong conceptual skills; administrative and planning abilities. Demonstrates understanding of marketing research concepts; digital strategy and graphic design concepts necessary.
- Lead the development of branding and marketingfor the healthcare system.
- Serve as system brand steward, ensuring consistent brand representation, adherence with established brand standards, refinement of brand standards, and developing brand management strategies in a high growth environment.
- Work collaboratively with system Strategic Planning, system Business Development, Health Alliance Medical Plans, Carle Center for Philanthropy, and entity/service line leadership to define and execute marketing strategies in alignment with strategic goals.
- Interface, as a valued advisor, with the Leadership Team and individual entities and departments to develop marketing strategies and tactics to support and drive strategic goals. Partner with appropriate departments and leaders to develop requirements and prepare marketing and design plans including concepts, media plans, and cost estimates.
- Directs development and implementation of entity and service line level strategic marketing plans that promote clinic strategic service areas including the analysis of ROI.
- Provides content strategy and brand strategy for digital properties. Collaborates with the Digital Services team leader to develop digital first branding and marketing strategies and support with other media as required. Create strong marketing products in collaboration with external vendors and internal customers for a variety of digital first media, including web properties, apps, email marketing, social media, and other types of digital engagement.
- Lead the development of automated marketing systems
- Lead ongoing marketing research and analysis and develop a metrics tracking program.
- Analyzes appropriate mix of marketing tools and tactics, including traditional direct-to-consumer media, web-based tools, social networking media and customized customer relationship management (CRM), community outreach, media relations for maximum impact.
- Develop and integrate internal and external communications including advertising, public relations, direct marketing, patient and member materials, sales support materials, social media and web-based communications.
- Leads and manages marketing department operations including budgeting, personnel actions for hires, promotions, discharges, performance evaluations, and disciplinary measures. Resolves work related issues, or assists employees in solving work related issues. Participates in Carle committees and work groups as needed to support administrative initiatives.
- Motivate and lead a team to deliver content, design and other forms of communication expressed across multiple channels in multiple markets.
- Define and ensure the established high quality of creativity and production is upheld; maintain consistently high standards for self and for team members.
- Partners with corporate Public Relations and Media Relations leadership to develop the annual communications plan that identifies strategic strengths to showcase to local, regional and national media.
- Responsible for daily strategic and creative contact with system's advertising agency of record and various vendors; serves as primary liaison to ensure quality of work.
- Scans horizon for new opportunities and marketing techniques, brings fresh ideas to Carle, explores new marketing methods, stays abreast of healthcare marketing issues and counsels on their impact to Carle.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and do not discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment because of race, color, sex, age, national origin, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity, status as a veteran, and basis of disability or any other federal, state or local protected class.