Call Center Supervisor, South San Francisco, CA
CALL CENTER SUPERVISOR
The Health Plan of San Mateo (HPSM), a managed care health plan, seeks a full time CareAdvantage Supervisor to supervise and direct the day-to-day activities of assigned staff and unit in a call center environment while maintaining own case load.
The essential duties and responsibilities will include the following:
- Accomplish staff results by communicating job expectations; planning, monitoring, and appraising job results; coaching, counseling, and implementing corrective action steps when necessary; coordinating, and enforcing systems, policies, procedures, and productivity standards. Complete performance evaluations in a timely manner. Work with the entire Unit to continuously measure and improve the performance. Schedule staff to ensure adequate level of service to members, adjust schedules, and ensure backup coverage as needed
- Perform all assigned duties of their direct reports.
- Assist manager to develop policies and procedures for the Unit.
- Meet regularly with Unit staff.
- Perform selection and orientation process for new employees.
- Monitor staff performance through a variety of sources including the Automated Call Distribution (ACD) system to assure that calls are answered promptly and there is adequate staff coverage to meet call response time requirements
- Review call monitoring reports and entries made in HPSM systems to assure that calls are appropriately handled and documented.
- Represent department Unit at internal and external meetings.
- Participate in department and management meetings.
- Participate in external meetings, committees, and coalitions as requested by or approved by Manager.
- Communicate on an on-going basis with other HPSM departments regarding cases requiring additional intervention.
- Handle more difficult member issues, including complaints that may be transferred.
- If applicable, Monitor the CMS Complaint Tracking Module and resolve issues within required timelines.
- Monitor documentation and timely transfer of complaints and grievances.
- Oversee production of weekly, monthly, and ad-hoc reports.
- Analyze new or updated regulations, laws and contract language and implement appropriate changes to internal policies, procedures and workflows.
- Provide back up to other managers/supervisors when necessary
- Perform other duties as assigned
Education and Experience: Four (4) years of experience providing customer service in a healthcare setting. Experience working with persons with disabilities and/or seniors. Previous supervisory experience in a customer service setting or demonstrated leadership success.
Knowledge of: Medicare and Medi-Cal programs. Managed care. Medical terminology. Phone systems and call documentation systems highly preferred. Personal computers and proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite applications, including Outlook, Word, Excel, Access and PowerPoint. Supervisory principles and practices as well as techniques and methods to organize and manage direct reports.
Ability to: Supervise and motivate staff. Provide excellent customer service. Communicate effectively orally and in writing. Make presentations. Analyze issues and resolve problems with minimal guidance. Demonstrate PC skills and experience with the range of Microsoft Office products preferred. Work weekends and outside regular business hours
Other: Must have access to a reliable vehicle and possess a valid license with proof of insurance. to go to offsite events. Bilingual skills in Spanish, Tagalog or Russian may be required for this position.
Starting Compensation Range: - Depending on Experience
Benefits Information: Excellent benefits package offered, including HPSM paid premiums for employee’s coverage in the medical HMO plan and majority of PPO medical cost. Employee pays a small portion (5%) of the dependent premiums for medical and dental benefits. Additional HPSM benefits include fully paid vision, life, AD&D, STD, and LTD insurance; retirement plan (10% of salary for compensation/HPSM paid); holiday and vacation pay; tuition reimbursement plan; and more.
Application Process: To apply, submit a resume and cover letter with salary expectations to: Health Plan of San Mateo, Human Resources Department, 801 Gateway Blvd., Suite 100, South San Francisco, CA 94080 or via email: firstname.lastname@example.org or via fax: (650) 616-8039. File by: Continuous until filled. The Health Plan of San Mateo is proud to be an Equal Opportunity Employer and encourages minority candidates of all backgrounds to apply.
Submissions without a Cover Letter and Salary Expectations may not be considered.