Director - Patient Financial Services, Vancouver, WA
Director-Patient Financial Services
Are you seeking a career with a health system that is on the move? Can you picture yourself in a career at a state-of-the-art clinic facility? Would you like to join a practice that has been serving the community of SW Washington for 80 years? If you answered “yes” to any of the above, check out this opportunity!
Vancouver Clinic seeks an experienced professional for our Patient Financial Services. Will be responsible for the development, implementation, and administration of all policies and procedures relating to revenue cycle operations.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Ensures compliance with regulations and billing and collections policies in order to achieve best practice results in key performance indicators related to accounts receivable (AR) management.
- Working knowledge in the areas of patient access, billing, accounts receivable and cash management requirements, health insurance, and business office operations.
- Champions revenue cycle improvements throughout the organization including working with appropriate individuals including patient access, medical records, billing, collections, etc., to aid in the resolution of identified revenue cycle issues.
- Performs ongoing trend analysis on third party payer payment levels to ensure that reimbursement is in accordance with allowable amounts stated in agreements and contracts. Works with appropriate individuals to resolve discrepancies.
- Actively participates in staff development and assessments to support industry best practice.
- Performs ongoing trend analysis of third party payer rejects and denials. Develops resources for registration, billing, and coding staff to eliminate/reduce rejects/denials.
- Provides direction regarding reimbursement, coding & compliance, information systems, and credentialing .
- Establishes and monitors standards for controlling the revenue cycle workflows as well as the integrity and quality of data.
- Stays abreast of emerging issues and risks and plans accordingly.
- Identify strategies that lead to improved financial performance.
- Makes recommendations and procedures to keep Days of Revenue in AR at acceptable levels.
- Prepares monthly analysis and reports pertaining to revenue cycle performance.
- Evaluates vendor performance and assists in the vendor selection process.
- Sets standards of performance throughout the revenue cycle.
- Responsible for all Revenue Cycle staff via managers and/or supervisors.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Care or Business-related field required. Master’s Degree preferred.
- Minimum of seven years management experience in health care accounts receivable required.
- Health care experience in claims, cash receipts, collection of Medicare/Medicaid, commercial insurance, Labor and Industry, and third party billing required.
- Professional use of financial reporting and use of spreadsheets to prepare management schedules and reconciliation reports required.
- Must be a proactive problem solver, demonstrate leadership skills, foster teamwork and trust.
- Highly skilled in prioritizing, organizing, planning, and communication.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with excellent Excel and presentation skills.
- Experience with physician practice management (billing) software required, Epic experience preferred.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical skills, critical thinking, and creativity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to interact professionally with all levels within the organization and with external vendors and patients
We offer a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits package which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, paid time off, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.