Manager - Customer Service/Collections/Payment Posting, Vancouver, WA
Manager-Customer Service/Collections/Payment Posting
Are you seeking a career with a health system that is on the move? Can you picture yourself in a career at a state-of-the-art clinic facility? Would you like to join a practice that has been serving the community of SW Washington for 80 years? If you answered “yes” to any of the above, check out this opportunity!
Responsible for managing claims processing and correspondence, payment posting, customer service and collection processes.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Responsible for customer service, collections, payment posting and clerk staff via supervisors.
- Manages patient accounting, claims processing and payment posting functions to ensure the timely submission of claims, presentation of patient statements, posting of insurance and patient payments, and timely collection of account balances.
- Implements strategies to reduce uncollected reimbursement.
- Monitors patient satisfaction with billing and collection process.
- Ensures that excellent patient service is a focal point and all patient account questions are answered promptly, completely, accurately, and courteously.
- Maintains an in-depth understanding of federal and state billing regulations and ensures billing compliance.
- Maintains an in-depth knowledge of collection regulations and ensures compliance.
- Monitors account receivable statistics to identify potential problem areas and takes prompt, effective action to ensure timely, appropriate reimbursement.
- Monitors workflows and system-enhancement opportunities to optimize efficiency and effectiveness.
- Responsible for assuring refunds are processed in a timely manner.
- Responsible for assuring effective cash handling procedures are in place and strictly enforced.
- Responsible for the hiring, job performance, review and discipline.
- Work collaboratively with all TVC Departments to ensure optimal efficiency and effective use of resources.
- Leads and participates in ad hoc teams to improve clinic-wide and business services processes.
- Educates health-care providers, and clinic staff regarding patient account and billing processes.
- Other related duties as necessary.
This job description reflects management's assignment of essential functions; it does not prescribe or restrict the tasks that may be assigned.
EDUCATION AND SKILLS
- Bachelor’s degree in Health Care or Business-related field required.
- Minimum of four years management experience in health care accounts receivable required.
- Health care experience in claims, cash receipts, customer service and patient collections.
- Professional use of financial reporting and use of spreadsheets to prepare management schedules and reconciliation reports required.
- Must be a proactive problem solver, demonstrate leadership skills, foster teamwork and trust.
- Highly skilled in prioritizing, organizing, planning, and communication.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite with excellent Excel and presentation skills.
- Experience with physician practice management (billing) software required, Epic experience preferred.
- Must be able to work in a fast-paced environment.
- Analytical skills, critical thinking, and creativity.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; ability to interact professionally with all levels within the organization and with external vendors and patients.
- Must have predictable and reliable attendance.
We offer a competitive wage and a comprehensive benefits package which includes insurance programs covering medical, dental, vision, life, long-term disability, paid time off, education reimbursement, and a 401(k) plan. We are proud to be an equal opportunity employer.