Chief Medical Officer, Orange, CA
Chief Medical Officer
Prospect Medical System
Home Base and Scope:
Orange, California / California
The Chief Medical Officer provides leadership, direction, and planning for a wide variety of medical and related activities for Prospect Medical Systems (PMS). This executive serves as the liaison and resource on matters pertaining to clinical activities and directly oversees the Medical Management Department at PMS. The CMO is committed to the mission of quality, safety, service, and improvement of patient clinical outcomes and cost effectiveness. Additionally, he or she is the leader in promoting physician performance in these areas.
The Chief Medical Officer will report to the Chief Executive Officer of Prospect Medical System.
- Develops, reviews, updates, seeks consultation, and implements medical policies and processes that promote and ensure delivery of appropriate clinical care.
- Ensures effective and aggressive utilization management and case management.
- Leads the clinical and operations staff to provide oversight of the care provided to patients. Directly supervise medical directors and others as appropriate.
- Intervene with individual physicians or clinical staff when there are performance or behavioral issues.
- Partner with the organization based quality and case managers and other clinical staff to respond to and investigate adverse events; then develop and implement appropriate action plans.
- Partner with the CEO to address physician concerns and develop key physician contracts in collaboration with the CEO, finance, and contracting department.
- Collaborate with leadership to standardize programs and clinical care where appropriate across the enterprise.
- Participate in strategic planning for the network and identify appropriate system level goals and targets.
- Develop state of the art cost containment systems and processes to promote the efficient use of clinical resources.
- Additional responsibilities may be assigned by the CEO based on needs of the organization. This may include serving as an executive sponsor and mentor for a service line, leading a quality initiative, participating in specialty task forces and other duties as assigned. Special projects or unique local responsibilities may also be added at the discretion of Prospect Medical’s President and CEO based on local needs.
- Strong managed care background. California experience required.
- Knowledge of federal, state, and private health care policies and regulations.
- Experience with incentive or claim based programs to drive utilization management and quality of care.
- MD or DO licensed in the state of California.
- Minimum of five years’ medical director, or equivalent executive/administrative experience within a health plan, IPA, or medical group environment.
- Minimum of three years of direct clinical or acute care experience.
- Demonstrated leadership capabilities.
- Board certified physician.
- Experience working with operational areas within a health plan or IPA.
- Certification or advanced training in operations improvement preferred.
- Leadership experience in a Medical Group or IPA environment strongly preferred.
Send resumes to email@example.com