Chief Operating Officer BMG, Mesa, AZ
Chief Operating Officer BMG
Banner Health believes leadership matters, and we look for people who share our vision making health care easier, so life can be better. Our leaders are at the front of the health care transformation, planning the future of Banner Health.
Your pay and benefits are important components of your Journey at Banner Health. This opportunity is also eligible for our Management Incentive Program, as part of your Total Rewards package. Banner Health offers a variety of benefit plans to help you and your family. We provide health and financial security options so you can focus on being the best at what you do and enjoying your life.
About Banner Medical Group
At Banner Medical Group, you'll have the opportunity to perform a critical role in the community where you practice. Banner Medical Group provides both primary and specialty care throughout the communities in which Banner Health operates. We do this in a variety of settings - from smaller group practices like our Banner Health Clinics in Loveland, Colo. and Torrington, Wyo., to large multi-specialty Banner Health Centers in the metropolitan Phoenix area. We currently have more than 1,000 physicians and more than 3,500 total employees in our group and are seeking others to enhance our ability to deliver our nonprofit mission of providing excellent patient care.
About Banner Health
Banner Health is one of the largest, nonprofit health care systems in the country and the leading nonprofit provider of hospital services in all the communities we serve. Throughout our network of hospitals, primary care health centers, research centers, labs, physician practices and more, our skilled and compassionate professionals use the latest technology to make health care easier, so life can be better. The many locations, career opportunities, and benefits offered at Banner Health help to make the Banner Journey unique and fulfilling for every employee.
This position is responsible for producing desired results associated with service excellence, quality clinical outcomes, and financial integrity for designated operations system-wide. Designated operations include either the medical group or health network. This position provides leadership in the development, implementation, and oversight of standards, systems, policies, and procedures in alignment with the organizations strategic initiatives. This position serves as the primary advisor to the operations Board of Directors and/or organizations senior management team on matters related to designated operations. This position serves as a role model to staff across the system and represents the organization in a positive manner both within and outside the company.
- Promotes high performance expectations for the leadership/management team consistent with triple aim of improving the experience of care, quality of care and efficiency of care. Directs and ensures the effective identification, recruitment, development, and maintenance of talent for current and future organizational needs in order to achieve goals and objectives. Sets clear expectations and holds team members accountable for producing desired outcomes. Motivates and develops team members and promotes teamwork.
- Directs and oversees financial stewardship with an emphasis on providing efficient utilization of resources (maximizing operating margin), and making appropriate decisions pertinent to capital and technology acquisition (maximizing return on investment).
- Maintains a service excellence and healing culture with high expectations established for positive stakeholder experiences. This culture should create an environment that results in high employee retention and high patient satisfaction. This service excellence culture includes ongoing and meaningful communication with employees to ensure that all staff members are well informed and recognized appropriately. Serves as a leader in developing the Continuous Quality Improvement process, in educating staff and role modeling Service Excellence, and in assisting with cultural transformation.
- Develops and maintains positive relations with physicians, employees, patients, families, regulatory agencies, contractors, and other applicable parties, ensuring and fostering a high level of collaboration within a highly matrixed team environment in order to coordinate activities, review work, exchange information, and resolve problems. Promotes collaboration among various stakeholders to achieve optimal results.
- Provides leadership and actively participates in the development and implementation of strategic, tactical, program and operational planning. Utilizes forecasting and planning processes to identify capital and technology acquisitions and program development opportunities which achieve desired campus growth related to capacity and capability of services offered, ensuring the delivery of services that are responsive to the needs of the community.
- Implements, through management and leadership staff, a Patient Safety Plan that: fosters an environment that focuses on processes and outcomes rather than individual blame; ensures that safety is a priority in design and redesign of new services; allocates financial, informational, physical and human resources for improvement activities; and assures patient and family disclosure of untoward outcomes.
- Maintains on-going communication with employees to ensure that the staff is well informed in regards to the strategic direction of the System. Conducts routine employee forums to inform and keep abreast of the issues that employees are facing and ensures that issues are addressed timely and appropriately to avoid third party intervention.
Requires a Masters degree level of knowledge in management, preferably healthcare administration, coupled with five or more years of increasingly responsible administrative leadership experience in an integrated healthcare environment or large multi-operational, complex environment.
Proven track record of partnering with physicians to achieve desired organizational outcomes. Proven experience in leading fiscally sound, profitable, efficient, and responsible healthcare operations. Strong financial and business acumen, including a keen understanding of operational and financial measures that define success, as well as budgeting and forecasting methodologies, including working knowledge of capital planning and capital investment practices. Knowledge of emerging trends in quality and patient safety. Skilled in coaching and developing direct reports and/or other employees that results in enhanced performance outcomes; setting and pursuing aggressive priorities and goals that demonstrate a strong commitment to overall organizational success; effectively allocating resources in order to accomplish goals and objectives; quickly assessing and assimilating facility and industry financial dynamics in order to act quickly and appropriately to changing environmental factors; negotiating win-win scenarios with outside vendors/partners while representing the facility and organization in the best possible light; developing collaborative and positive relationships with medical staff, employees, volunteers, the community, and/or other applicable parties; measuring and managing work outputs. Excellent human relations, organizational and communication skills are essential. Leadership style and characteristics necessary to effectively perform in this role include: strong work ethic; results-oriented; persuasive; motivational; able to make rational decisions in difficult situations; inspirational; honorable; confident; systems-thinker; innovative; life-long learner; courageous; high-energy; integrity; collaborator; ability to work with teams; good listening; nonvolatile; values multiple disciplines; community visibility and leadership; and passionate about continuously improving and providing high quality care and service excellence to patients, families, employees and physicians.
Additional related education and/or experience preferred.