Director Electronic Health Record Education, Downers Grove, IL
Director Electronic Health Record Education
City: Downers Grove
Job ID: 94791
Facility: SUPPORT CENTERS
Department / Unit: Clinical Informatics
Status-FTE: Full-Time - 1
The Director of Electronic Health Record (EHR) Education and Training develops and executes short-term and long-term education strategies and plans for physicians, providers, nurses and other hospital/clinic support personnel in the use of clinical information systems, access and revenue cycle functions. Responsibilities include determining required training resources, directing and managing team members, and oversite securing facilities and equipment for classroom instruction. In addition, the Director guides curriculum delivery methods, oversees the development and maintenance of the training domain, has accountability for a course catalog and training schedules.
- Leadership and oversight of development and execution of all an enterprise wide education and training strategies for use of the EHR. May include but not limited to, hospital, ambulatory and hospital-based clinics.
- Director is responsible to ensure all training and education addresses safety, quality, and associate/physician/provider learning needs.
- Director will also engage appropriate stakeholders, enterprise-wide councils and other resources as appropriate to ensure the development of a robust curricula that support the delivery of all educational activities.
- Serves as a clinical informatics expert relative to entire EHR life cycle. Resource and consultant in designing, implementing, evaluating and improving education programs, processes, activities and materials in relation to EHR lifecycle. Incorporates technology, digital media and multiple learning modalities as appropriate.
- Staff Development and Professional Development
- 10 Years' Experience including:
- 5+ years managerial experience in a health care environment
- 3 years in computer/system training, educational content development
- 2 years project management experience.
- Bachelor's degree in Nursing, Computer Technology, Applied Technology, Computer and Information Systems, Education related to these fields, or related degrees.
- Master's degree in health-related field preferred.
- Excellent human relations skills including strong proficiency to collaborate/partner with physicians/provider and Health Information Technology (HIT)
- Ability to think and problem solve analytically
- Able to prepare and analyze data and reports
- Working knowledge and experience with various computer applications/systems
- Demonstrated leadership skills
- Excellent customer relations skills
- Active participation in professional associations and organizations are strongly encouraged
- Able to work under stressful conditions.
- Able to travel to and from sites and support centers, able to attend meetings at corporate and other Advocate hospitals.
- Able to make presentations to hospital and community groups.
- Able to attend early morning or late evening meetings as needed.
- Able to prioritize independently.
- Able to be on call after hours during HIT implementation support as needed.