Assistant Finance Director, Independence, OH
ASSISTANT FINANCE DIRECTOR
REQ #: 29018
LOCATION: INDEPENDENCE, OH
FACILITY: BUSINESS OPERATIONS CENTER
PROFESSIONAL AREA: FINANCE
DEPARTMENT: CORPORATE ACCOUNTING
SCHEDULE: FULL TIME
Leads and supports while driving the performance analysis and Finance functions. Plans and implements action plans.
- Works with the Finance Administrator to be the primary resource for all finance-related detailed functions for Finance Division departments.
- Designs process and leads monthly performance analysis activities for shared services divisions.
- Works with associated executive management to investigate variances and track performance to plan.
- Develops and tracks course-correcting action plans.
- Designs and oversees maintenance of financial planning reports, charts and presentations related to shared services areas.
- Identifies need for and provides training to close competency and quality gaps in performance.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree with business emphasis required, Master's preferred.
- Certified Public Accountant (CPA)/Certified Management Accountant(CMA)/Healthcare Financial Management Association(HFMA) certification desirable.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Minimum of six years of experience in business management, strategic initiatives, operational and capital budgeting processes, financial analysis and reporting.
- Healthcare experience preferred, including a minimum of two year of supervisory and/or project management experience preferred.
- Typical physical demands include a high degree of dexterity to produce materials on a PC, normal or corrected vision, extensive sitting and frequent walking, occasional lifting or carrying 5 to 15 pounds.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities