Director Quality II - Medicine Institute (In-Patient), Cleveland, OH
DIRECTOR QUALITY II - MEDICINE INSTITUTE (IN-PATIENT)
REQ #: 24327
LOCATION: CLEVELAND, OH
FACILITY: CLEVELAND CLINIC MAIN CAMPUS
PROFESSIONAL AREA: QUALITY
DEPARTMENT: OFFICE OF QUALITY
SCHEDULE: FULL TIME
Directs, coordinates and implements Quality and Patient Safety initiatives to ensure operational alignment with assigned Hospital/Institute and organizational objectives. NOTE: LEVEL OF DIRECTOR IS DEPENDENT ON THE REVIEW AND APPLICATION OF ORGANIZATIONAL CRITERIA THAT INCLUDES, BUT IS NOT LIMITED TO: BUDGETED FTE'S, MEDICAL STAFF, ANNUAL ADMISSION/DISCHARGES, OUTPATIENT EandMs, PRIMARY SCOPE and SITE/LOCATION.
- Collaborates with leadership and support teams to develop, maintain and execute an integrated Quality Plan to achieve quality, safety and patient experience goals.
- Incorporates enterprise priorities and regulatory requirements and benchmarks.
- Clearly communicates priorities to stakeholders at all levels.
- Drives continuous improvement activity around quality, safety and patient experience priorities and coordinates improvement projects.
- Collaborates with Continuous Improvement and Project Management.
- Measures and analyzes data reflecting processes and outcomes prioritized by Hospital/Institute.
- Facilitates dashboard reviews, data analysis and decision-making from data.
- Collaborates with Quality Patient Safety Institute, Regional Quality, Office of Patient Experience and Nursing Quality Leadership, direct site accreditation, infection prevention, patient safety, clinical quality, peer review and associated performance improvement activities.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor's Degree in Nursing, Healthcare Administration, Business, Engineering or related field required.
- Master's Degree preferred.
- In-depth knowledge of hospital accreditation and current trends in Quality Management preferred.
- None required.
COMPLEXITY OF WORK:
- Requires critical thinking skills, decisive judgment and the ability to work with minimal supervision.
- Must be able to work in a stressful environment and take appropriate action.
- Requires strong communication, organizational and time management skills.
- Minimum five years experience in process improvement, accreditation, quality management or related field.
- Healthcare experience preferred.
- Progressive quality and performance improvement, research, leadership, supervision or project team management required.
- Note: The number of specialized years of experience an other factors are considered when determining the level of Director.
- Manual dexterity to operate office equipment.
- Requires frequent data entry, standing, walking and sitting.
- Normal or corrected vision, hearing and speech.
PERSONAL PROTECTIVE EQUIPMENT:
- Follows standard precautions using personal protective equipment as required.
The policy of Cleveland Clinic and its system hospitals (Cleveland Clinic) is to provide equal opportunity to all of our employees and applicants for employment in our tobacco free and drug free environment. All offers of employment are followed by testing for controlled substance and nicotine. Job offers will be rescinded for candidates for employment who test positive for nicotine. Candidates for employment who are impacted by Cleveland Clinic’s Smoking Policy will be permitted to reapply for open positions after 90 days. Decisions concerning employment, transfers and promotions are made upon the basis of the best qualified candidate without regard to color, race, religion, national origin, age, sex, sexual orientation, marital status, ancestry, status as a disabled or Vietnam era veteran or any other characteristic protected by law. Information provided on this application may be shared with any Cleveland Clinic facility.
Cleveland Clinic is pleased to be an equal employment employer: Women/Minorities/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities