Program Director-Nursing Professional Development, Bloomington, IN
Program Director-Nursing Professional Development
Requisition Number: 229363
Provides decision-making, leadership, and strategic planning for nursing professional development. Provides leadership and guidance for the Nursing Education areas through implementation of strategy, policy, direction and action plans. Provides leadership and guidance over the Communication and Guest Relations functional areas. Provides direction and leadership in developing, implementing and delivering solutions that support or are in alignment with the company's business strategies. The incumbent will manage the ongoing analysis, development, and implementation of methods and systems to improve overall efficiency and effectiveness of services and functions. Accountable for assuming leadership in the area of clinical education design, planning, implementation and evaluation for Nursing and Patient Care Services. Responsible to partner through matrix report structure to assigned facility CNO / Nursing leader to align and support strategic goals both facility and departmental.
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- Must have the ability to quickly and accurately manipulate a keyboard.
- Must have the ability to learn and proficiently perform computer applications such as Microsoft Word, Excel, Power Point and other programs related to department operations.
- Must have the ability to provide leadership and direction to a large, diverse, highly educated professional staff.
- Adept at group presentation and training.
- Demonstrates competence in management and leadership skills.
- Graduate of an accredited school of nursing with a current licensed to practice in the state of Indiana required.
- Baccalaureate degree in Nursing is required with 3-5 years recent progressive experience in nursing leadership required. Masters degree required in nursing or related field (Either Bachelor?s or Master?s degree must be in nursing.).
- As appropriate for specified department needs, could be required to perform CPR and maintain BLS.
- Specialty certification preferred.
- Must have the ability to be sufficiently mobile to access assigned areas.
- Must have the ability to exhibit the analytical ability to evaluate problem situations in depth, arrive at appropriate conclusions, and intervene in an acceptable manner.
- Must have the ability to design, plan and manage multiple projects simultaneously.
- Must have the ability to display independent judgment skills and discretion.
- Must have the ability to manage several assignments at one time and appropriately prioritize.
- Must have the ability to exhibit scholarly writing skills including the use of appropriate grammar, vocabulary, spelling, and punctuation.
- Must have the ability to communicate effectively with clients, coworkers, managers, supervisors, directors, and other hospital personnel on one-to-one basis or in a classroom setting, using appropriate grammar, vocabulary, and word usage.
- Must have the ability to display knowledge and utilization of principles of adult learning.
- Must have the ability to exhibit manual dexterity to demonstrate and/or operate various types of medical equipment for purposes of accurate instruction of staff.
- Must have the ability to respond immediately, with unimpeded auditory perception, to verbal/vocal instructions, electronic alarms, and auscultated sounds.