Executive Director-Financial Operations, Indianapolis, IN
Executive Director-Financial Operations
Requisition Number: 10000872
The Executive Director, Financial Operations is responsible for the leadership and management of Indiana University Health's Targets & Forecasting, Financial Operations for Divisional & Service Lines, and Financial Improvement. The Executive Director, Financial Operations in partnership with clinical leadership is charged with demonstrably improving performance across clinical quality and safety, patient satisfaction, team commitment and operations/finances for all areas of responsibility. The Executive Director, Financial Operations will be expected to develop robust strategies across the service lines that will counter current disruptive market forces and that will ensure the successful operation of these service lines that are crucial to managing population health in a medical home, accountable care environment. This role interfaces with senior leadership and front-line team members, executes organizational development strategy, and drives change initiatives across the system in order to optimize organizational potential and achieve strategic and operational objectives. The incumbent is expected to partner with senior administrative and clinical leadership to evaluate and execute internal and external strategic partnerships in alignment with the aforementioned goals. IU Health is seeking a dynamic and accomplished healthcare leader who can work effectively in a highly matrixed and relationship-driven culture. The incumbent must be a visionary leader who knows how to effectively drive change in a complex and distributed yet system-oriented environment. The incumbent must embody IU Health's mission, embrace its vision and must lead through respect, humility and intellectual curiosity.
Qualifications / Knowledge / Skills / Abilities
- A Bachelor's Degree in Health Administration, Business Administration or related field is required; a Master?s Degree is preferred, with minimum of 5 years management experience.
- Strong demonstrated transformational and complex, matrixed leadership skills (inspiring, problem solving, communication across multiple organizations, executing) to champion Leading to Preeminence.
- Requires experience managing multiple complex projects involving multiple customers, interests and goals.
- Strong blend of management skills and technical expertise demonstrated by superior planning, decision-making, negotiation, leadership and financial management skills/knowledge, with a focus to adding value to the bottom line of the business to foster a preeminent healthcare environment.
- Strong communication and relationship-building skills with all levels of employees, management and community leaders and a proven leader who is an effective, creative and visionary problem solver.
- A proven leader of people is able to recruit, develop and mentor a top-notch team capable of supporting future growth and has demonstrated leadership in promoting diversity and inclusion in the workplace and community.
- Experience designing organizational structures to achieve business and operational results.
- Knowledge of industry issues, demonstrated experience and results such as '2nd Curve; (transition from volume based to value based economics), accountable care and insurance/population risk models.
- Knowledge of applicable Federal, State, and Local regulatory agency guidelines and laws.